GDT: Wild @ Avs

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Burakovsky with 10:06 of ice-time.

He had 2 and a half minutes less of ice-time than the next closest forwards; Calvert and Nieto who had 12:30.

Didn’t take long to get in Bednar’s doghouse.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I hate to say it but early prognosis show that the Avs are gonna need at least one 2nd line winger to play with Kadri so that 2nd line will be effective because Jost and Burakovsky just aren't gonna cut it.

Dont think Sakic is gonna rush into doing something right now, but if by trade deadline the 2nd line in not very effective, I see Sakic making a trade.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I hate to say it but early prognosis show that the Avs are gonna need at least one 2nd line winger to play with Kadri so that 2nd line will be effective because Jost and Burakovsky just aren't gonna cut it.

Dont think Sakic is gonna rush into doing something right now, but if by trade deadline the 2nd line in not very effective, I see Sakic making a trade.

Yup we got the 2C we badly needed now we need some legit wingers on that line. Kadri doesnt deserve to be brought down by Jost. I want to see Compher on Kadris wing for a few just to see if theres something there. Hell at this point i would even consider Nuke

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Drouin is having a good start. The buy low opportunity is closing or has closed already.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
We need to revisit the bust-bust trade of Jost for PoolParty. At least Pulju has potential meme worthy facial expressions.

That could be an interesting trade for both teams. Gives Edmonton a cost controlled depth piece and the Avalanche a high upside project which is a good return for a player like Jost. PoolParty would also have two Finns in the locker room here and a better situation for expectations.

Reactions: missionAvs

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
That could be an interesting trade for both teams. Gives Edmonton a cost controlled depth piece and the Avalanche a high upside project which is a good return for a player like Jost. PoolParty would also have two Finns in the locker room here and a better situation for expectations.
Who/What are the Oilers adding? As bad as Jost is hes still a better NHL plsyer at this point than poolparty

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Lol Jost for Puljujarvi makes absolutely no sense. One bust for another eventhough I hate calling Jost a bust but so far he pretty much has been. You'd be trading for same question mark player in Puljujarvi. Gotta get someone established to get Kadri going

Edit: Its either get a 2nd line winger who can play with Kadri or move Landeskog or Rantanen down, but then not sure how effective that 1st line will be

Last edited:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Having both Jost and Burakovsky in the lineup might be a luxury the Avs can't afford. Jost draws penalties at least but neither of them can score.
Fun game overall. Grubi's awesome when the game is on the line.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The biggest gripe for me so far is Mack. He needs to calm the f*** down. All I’ve seen from him the past 2 games is him slamming his stick and trying to skate through 5 defenders on his own. It’s just frustrating to watch him get like this all the time when he doesn’t score right away. I know he’s passionate and wants to score but he’s not helping anyone getting that pissed off.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Or just hold on to Jost and let him develop. He shouldn't have been on the 2nd line to begin with.

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth
The more that you stir it, the more it will stink –
The higher it’s piled, the deeper it sinks –
The more you proclaim it, the less that you know –
The greater the load, the more pompous the show –

When you throw it, it splatters –
When you crush it, like jam it spreads out –
When you fart, there’s always a danger that some might come out –

Go home, and it’s with you as you walk through the door –
If you don’t have enough, you can always make more –
Give it to someone you love, and they’ll soon send it back –
Released in your undies, it leaves a brown track –

Now doctors won’t tell you what any turd knows –
The more that you eat, the bigger it grows –
If it plugs up your butt, it can ruin your day –
When nature comes calling, it’s best not to delay –
So don’t blame it on God if your bowels should protest –
For to him, what we call shit is in fact one holy mess.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
You have to have "control over the puck" - kinda - to get that assist. Most of the time even poking at a puck isn't enough for an assist, so a pad save isn't either.

Funny enough Billy Smith got credited for a goal as the last man to touch the puck after making a save.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
I don't get the Graves hate. Yes we have shinier toys at the moment like Rosen, but I have feeling that some of you here are way to harsh on him. He looks solid to me so far. Makar looks both great and shaky. I think he just need some confidence boost, and same could be said for Timmins. Jost was terrible.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Swap Graves with Rosen until Cole is ready to go. Drop Jost from 2nd to 3rd line.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Even though I love me some LBN Matt Nieto, I'd much prefer he be saddled with Jost and Bura instead of Kadri.

Compher and Donskoi are ideal wingers for Naz, they're fiesty and fast and skilled and drive the net, unlike the perimeter twins.

Then promote the 4th line to the 3rd line, and let the spare parts line wallow away until they figure it out. LBN will get plenty of PK time anyway

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Jost had a terrible game but managed to draw 3 minors from the Wild. That’s not bad.

Jost is not slow, he just let’s defenders catch up to him to draw penalties.:sarcasm:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
No, saves aren't assists.

I did not know that.

I think it’s different for goals though.

You have to have "control over the puck" - kinda - to get that assist. Most of the time even poking at a puck isn't enough for an assist, so a pad save isn't either.

No you don't you just have to touch it.

How is it even possible that you are wrong 100% of the time? Stunning.

You don't need control the puck can bounce off of you. Control is not needed for an assist. You're wrong bud I was simply pointing it out to you. If you don't understand the game pick a new sport to follow. Grubauer should and will be credited with an assist on that.

Stunning that people who have never played a game of hockey have all the answers

Per the rule book:

78.3 Crediting Assists - When a player scores a goal, an “assist” shall be credited to the player or players (maximum two) who touch the puck prior to the goal scorer provided no defender plays or has control of the puck subsequently. Each “assist” shall count one point in the player’s record. Only one point can be credited to any one player on a goal.

Grubauer should have been credited with an assist. Rule says zero about control or even intent.

Reactions: dionisus1122

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad