GDT: Wild @ Avalanche - 4/27/13 - 6:30PM CDT - FSN, FS-WI, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Donno about that, I watched the 1998 Vikings lose by missing a field goal when their kicker (who had missed no kicks ALL season) shanked a kick to get into the super bowl. The 2009 Vikings fumbled away their chance at a super bowl.

The 2007-2008 Wild won the division but lost in the first round to... Jose Theodore.

The 2006-2007 Wild got tuned up in every way imaginable against the Ducks in the playoffs (notice how we still play soft like that's the MN nice way to be).

Plus, there are many examples from the T-Wolves and Twins (though, the Twins actually were champions in a galaxy far, far away).

MN Sports.....:cry:

You do realize that we don't have a 1st round pick anymore, right? So if we miss the playoffs and then win the lottery, we'll actually be winning said lottery for another team (Buffalo). I don't know if there are enough ways to say 'epic fail' for that kind of scenario.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
You do realize that we don't have a 1st round pick anymore, right? So if we miss the playoffs and then win the lottery, we'll actually be winning said lottery for another team (Buffalo). I don't know if there are enough ways to say 'epic fail' for that kind of scenario.

I do know that - it would rank up there just not sure if it would be the worst on the list of failures :help:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Isnt thr Minnesota womens soccer team a winner? Get them there to tell these guys about winning.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I have a race to call tonight so barring a rain out this will be the first game all year i haven't seen.

Seems appropriate somehow.

Mikael Granlund

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 12, 2011
I'm expecting a nail biter tonight, though I believe Minnesota will come out on top. Gotta keep the faith!

3-2 Wild in OT

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Donno about that, I watched the 1998 Vikings lose by missing a field goal when their kicker (who had missed no kicks ALL season) shanked a kick to get into the super bowl. The 2009 Vikings fumbled away their chance at a super bowl.

The 2007-2008 Wild won the division but lost in the first round to... Jose Theodore.

The 2006-2007 Wild got tuned up in every way imaginable against the Ducks in the playoffs (notice how we still play soft like that's the MN nice way to be).

Plus, there are many examples from the T-Wolves and Twins (though, the Twins actually were champions in a galaxy far, far away).

and the first ever NBA dynasty was moved to LA because the owner just decided to do it.

Gophers vs. Holy Cross and Gophers vs. Yale has got to be up there in terms of MN choke jobs.

Yale at least won the whole thing.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND

I will never count the 2009 Vikings as a choke job. The NFL was never going to let the Vikings win that game. The officials basically marched the Taints down the field in OT to give them the win. They also refused to call rouging the passer correctly the entire game and basically drove a hall of fame QB out of the game. The NFL followed the hurricane Katrina storyline all the way to a SB win for a team full of cheap shot artists.

This was the year the NFL lost me as a fan.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I will never count the 2009 Vikings as a choke job. The NFL was never going to let the Vikings win that game. The officials basically marched the Taints down the field in OT to give them the win. They also refused to call rouging the passer correctly the entire game and basically drove a hall of fame QB out of the game. The NFL followed the hurricane Katrina storyline all the way to a SB win for a team full of cheap shot artists.

This was the year the NFL lost me as a fan.
Bitter fan is bitter.

10dynasty38*

Not all Minnesota teams are destined for epic failure. The Minnesota Lynx are fun to watch and have reasonable ticket prices. So don't get too down Minnesota. We always have the girls tearing up the Target center to fall back on when we start Jonesing for championships.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I went to Mystic Lake this morning. Yes, I love gambling. lol And even PA, who doesn't know much about hockey was ripping Yeo. It's contagious.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Didn't the Twins come close to a WS and choked it away against the Yankees about 10 years ago??

And have choked in the playoffs to the Yankees in pretty much every appearance since.

Isnt thr Minnesota womens soccer team a winner? Get them there to tell these guys about winning.

Well the Lynx won a championship recently. Maybe we should have them talk to the Wild.

Bitter fan is bitter.

Except he is pretty much spot on. The refs more or less knew what New Orleans was doing and let them get away with it and gave them a whole bunch of questionable calls.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Not all Minnesota teams are destined for epic failure. The Minnesota Lynx are fun to watch and have reasonable ticket prices. So don't get too down Minnesota. We always have the girls tearing up the Target center to fall back on when we start Jonesing for championships.

Great story with Minnesota's own, Lindsay Whalen, too. She brought Minnesota a championship. I wonder if Mauer and Parise will do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad