Why is Mashintor in the NHL over Morin?

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I don't think either are NHL players, but certainly Jeremy Morin is more of an NHL player than Brandon Mashintor. And let's just talk fairness ... Morin should never have been returned to the Blackhawks but for whatever reason .. here he is. He's playing OK in Rockford ... bring the kid up and let him play Mashintor's 4-6 minutes.... congrats on your first NHL point, Brandon....but .. seriously ... why are you in the NHL?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Morin has been dismal failure in NHL

Mashintor will throw some hits , Go to net and generally give you 100% effort every night even if he doesn't have the talent

No reason to have Morin up on Hawks. He isn't good enough for top 6 role and he is not a fit for bottom 6 role

Lets not forget Morin didn't want to be here anyway and asked out last year

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Morin has been dismal failure in NHL

Mashintor will throw some hits , Go to net and generally give you 100% effort every night even if he doesn't have the talent

No reason to have Morin up on Hawks. He isn't good enough for top 6 role and he is not a fit for bottom 6 role

Lets not forget Morin didn't want to be here anyway and asked out last year

Actually he hasn't been. He was a serviceable 3rd line player here before Columbus. He is actually a good 3rd line fit now. He can score, is physical, plays hard, and now it seems he is more consistent in his own end and overall.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No he was god awful when given chance with Hawks last year and failed in Columbus to point they cut losses and gave him back to Hawks

And AHL success for a failed NHL talent means very little. Just look at how good Bickell did with Hogs

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I wouldn't mind Morin up, but rather him help our young team win down in the AHL instead of being in the press box up here.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No he was god awful when given chance with Hawks last year and failed in Columbus to point they cut losses and gave him back to Hawks

And AHL success for a failed NHL talent means very little. Just look at how good Bickell did with Hogs

Again you are wrong about everything other than the Columbus part. Marin was a good to decent player here but lacked consistency. He did not turn out to be a top 6 wing but he can be a damn solid 3rd line wing that can score.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
My guess is Q likes him on the team. As long as they aren't putting him on the 3rd line, I'm OK. He really provides nothing to the roster tho. At least Bollig had a wicked shot and did get under opponents skin. I can't recall one chance created by Mash, but somehow he has a goal this year.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Mashinter shouldn't be up ahead of anybody, Morin or otherwise.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I'm on this bandwagon, for sure. Glad the kid got his cup of coffee, but damn if Q isn't giving him some urns. If not Morin, then Hartman. This needs to end now.

I agree and don't understand it but better for Q to experiment now than come po time.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
At least Hartman's getting big minutes (when he's not suspended) in the A, or at least bigger minutes than he would be getting with the big club.

On the topic of Mashinter, he was selected as Rockford's captain, so maybe Q likes him as a locker room guy. But if that's the case, that only leads to the question of why he's not helping the AHL guys in their locker room, who could presumably use it from someone like him more.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
At least Hartman's getting big minutes (when he's not suspended) in the A, or at least bigger minutes than he would be getting with the big club.

On the topic of Mashinter, he was selected as Rockford's captain, so maybe Q likes him as a locker room guy. But if that's the case, that only leads to the question of why he's not helping the AHL guys in their locker room, who could presumably use it from someone like him more.

....I guess I'm a little perplexed about why a team with Toews, Hossa, Seabrook, et all need a lockerroom guy.

The core of this team, even stripped of Sharp and Saad, have more NHL playoff and international championship experience than Mashinter would have in 3 lifetimes.

What does he bring to the locker room? Fart jokes to keep the mood light?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I am sure that Q likes the physicality of Mash....Q has always wanted a guy like him on the roster...bollig, Carcillo in recent years....its Mashinsters turn....I don't like it but it is what it is....

my hope is that he along with Bickell will be sent down in favour of two of Macniel, hartman, Dano, Kero, Hinostroza and Ross

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
....I guess I'm a little perplexed about why a team with Toews, Hossa, Seabrook, et all need a lockerroom guy.

The core of this team, even stripped of Sharp and Saad, have more NHL playoff and international championship experience than Mashinter would have in 3 lifetimes.

What does he bring to the locker room? Fart jokes to keep the mood light?

And that's why I'm saying that if that's the case, he should be in the AHL helping with that.

I legitimately don't see anything in his game that warrants him still being up as of now.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
And that's why I'm saying that if that's the case, he should be in the AHL helping with that.

I legitimately don't see anything in his game that warrants him still being up as of now.

Ok, then we're in agreement.

There is nothing in his game that warrants him being dressed above more talented players.

Frankly, I'm still rather flabbergasted that we moved a potentially useful player in Tikhonov, while Mashinter gets ice time. Tikhonov can certainly do everything Mashinter does, and he's a better skater, and actually knows where to go and how to clear a defensive zone.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I am sure that Q likes the physicality of Mash....Q has always wanted a guy like him on the roster...bollig, Carcillo in recent years....its Mashinsters turn....I don't like it but it is what it is....

my hope is that he along with Bickell will be sent down in favour of two of Macniel, hartman, Dano, Kero, Hinostroza and Ross

Yeah but don't you guys think that Hartman can and play's enough physically as much as Mash? i mean does Mash even accumulate enough minutes to make a physical impact in the first place? i say not really.

Besides Hartman can provide so much more offensively and also make an impact physically than Mash could ever have.......imo of course.

Seems kind of funny if Q thinks Mash is a presence like Probert or Grimson.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yeah but don't you guys think that Hartman can and play's enough physically as much as Mash? i mean does Mash even accumulate enough minutes to make a physical impact in the first place? i say not really.

Besides Hartman can provide so much more offensively and also make an impact physically than Mash could ever have.......imo of course.

Seems kind of funny if Q thinks Mash is a presence like Probert or Grimson.

yes I do and I am hoping that Q gets a chance to use Hartman instead of Mash...we may see that in the coming weeks IMO

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ok, then we're in agreement.

There is nothing in his game that warrants him being dressed above more talented players.

Frankly, I'm still rather flabbergasted that we moved a potentially useful player in Tikhonov, while Mashinter gets ice time. Tikhonov can certainly do everything Mashinter does, and he's a better skater, and actually knows where to go and how to clear a defensive zone.

Mashinter has no use to this team but I do think he does have a use in Rockford if he does have the leadership skills and room skills that people are talking about. Building a foundation in the room is huge. (not saying you disagree)

Tikhonov was not that good and honestly he was not going to work here so the Hawks did him a solid. We are better off without him using players like Hartman, Danault, etc.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I have zero issue with Mashinter up as long as he's in the press box. Would rather have Hartman or whoever else develop (in Morin's case, help the Hogs get into the playoffs) and get big minutes. The guy I have more of an issue with whose taking up a roster spot with his horrid play is Bickell.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The concept of Goons shouldn't be hard to still grasp. Sure you can talk about it being not worthy of justified but it's pretty simple to understand "why"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad