Speculation: Why Has Trouba Not Signed Yet?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
demanding too much. He wants too much, Jets aren't offering as much. No need for a thread for this

same thing for all negotiations with organization/agent

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Sigh. Do we really need another Trouba thread?

Dude is a RFA. We hold his rights. We have time to negotiate. We can afford him both money wise and cap wise.

Patience is the key.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Why aren't:

Stone, Gaudreau, Ristolainen, Monahan, Nichushkin, Lindholm, Dumba, Corrado, etc.

signed yet?

Most likely because they're RFA's with no arbitration rights, and teams have time to negotiate these contracts. Not sure why Trouba gets singled out.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
He wants out of Winnipeg which is why he is asking for more money from them in the hopes that they will trade him.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Trouba, Lindholm, Dumba, and Ristolainen may all be looking for the other guys to sign to help their case.

:laugh:

There are enough comparables out there like Rielly, Jones and Ekblad who have already signed.

The real reason why these guys haven't signed is because they quite clearly want out of their respective teams.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
There are enough comparables out there like Rielly, Jones and Ekblad who have already signed.

The real reason why these guys haven't signed is because they quite clearly want out of their respective teams.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I they wanted out, they wouldn't be talking about a long term deal.

They would have gone to arbitration.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

I know it's the offseason but Jesus. Teams negotiate with players. Like every year.

Smoking Jets

Jun 24, 2013
He wants out of Winnipeg which is why he is asking for more money from them in the hopes that they will trade him.

Offer him $6m for 7 years and hope that Buff will play on the left side. They will probably trade him or Myers at the trade deadline cause one of them will be lost to Las Vegas next year.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Smoke and mirrors.

It's not smoke and mirrors.

Trouba and the others didn't go to arbitration and didn't sign their QOs.

They aren't getting moved by dragging out RFA contract talks.

And Risto is talking a long term deal with the Sabres. It's just taking a while to hammer out.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
It's not smoke and mirrors.

Trouba and the others didn't go to arbitration and didn't sign their QOs.

They aren't getting moved by dragging out RFA contract talks.

And Risto is talking a long term deal with the Sabres. It's just taking a while to hammer out.

If they were going to sign they would have signed by now.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Offer him $6m for 7 years and hope that Buff will play on the left side. They will probably trade him or Myers at the trade deadline cause one of them will be lost to Las Vegas next year.

Myers will be protected long before Armia, Dano and Lowry will. We have the offensive depth to more than survive the loss of one of those three, but we can't afford to lose Myers for free.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I think Trouba wants a lot more than he's worth(and what player doesn't). I just think he's really overrating himself. He's not on the same level as guys like Lindholm, Ristolainen, Ekblad, etc. Reilley is a better comp for him. Dumba would be a good one too.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think Trouba wants a lot more than he's worth(and what player doesn't). I just think he's really overrating himself. He's not on the same level as guys like Lindholm, Ristolainen, Ekblad, etc. Reilley is a better comp for him. Dumba would be a good one too.

Ive always said the same thing too... he should be getting around(give or take a tiny bit) what he signed for... If hes demanding way more than him, his agent is out to lunch... if Jets are offering way less, then they are crazy

Who knows though, maybe there negotiations are in fact only a few hundred thousand difference per year and that's what is holding this up.. both sides refusing to budge

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad