Why does Austin get more of a pass for politics than other wrestlers?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The only really notable thing that Austin did that I'm sure he has some regret is the Lesnar/Austin situation where he dipped. I honestly can't blame him for that, though. Austin said he had zero issue putting Brock over, but hated how it was just a random qualifier match with no build. (I think it was a KOTR qualifier)

Austin vs Brock would be HUGE $$$ and honestly could have been a mega program. That was probably the biggest match they could make at the time.

Agreed. He didn't handle it right but he wasn't wrong. Giving away Austin/Lesnar for free on Raw would've been epically stupid

Reactions: Voight

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
The most glaring instance of politicking for Austin was when he walked out and refused to job for Brock.

And when you consider his explanation, that it was on a random Smackdown with zero build, he was kinda right.

Shit, I think even Brock has said he was right.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The most glaring instance of politicking for Austin was when he walked out and refused to job for Brock.

And when you consider his explanation, that it was on a random Smackdown with zero build, he was kinda right.

Yeah, I believe it was brought up face to face on Broken Skull Sessions. They both agreed it was a terrible decision.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Vince has had his fair share of bad ideas, but I still can't believe he even proposed that to begin with.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Vince has had his fair share of bad ideas, but I still can't believe he even proposed that to begin with.
It wasn't Vince's idea (although obviously he was fine with it or he would've shot it down): Austin made comments critical of the writers and that scenario was their way of getting back at him. So it was a stupid idea that was terrible from a business perspective being done solely out of spite, don't blame Austin one bit for going "nope" and walking out.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Was it that or was it Steph and Vince? Or was that a separate idea? I feel like there was one where Vince was supposed to be the father of a pregnant Steph's unborn child?
I think it might've all been one thing. I dunno. Hard to keep track of all the bat shit insane stuff Vince has come up with or proposed over the years.

Half surprised he didn't try to play into real life rumors and do a Randy Savage/Stephanie storyline.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
He's just following in the footsteps of " That doesn't work for me brother "

fARfJ9T.gif

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It’s really at a point where, if things are actually awesome, they wouldn’t have time to react by chanting it. They’d be caught up in how awesome it actually is.
I'm surprised UK fans haven't broken out a "this is actually awesome" chant.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The way this guy is with Pancho and Macho on Instagram makes you wonder how this guy ever did anything bad in his life, lol.

People demanding some sort of show of him playing with his two cats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad