Why did Quebec not get a team?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I’m going to say a unique set of circumstances prevents QC getting a franchise ever again.
I don’t think it’s just market size.

Reactions: voyageur

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I feel like Rogers takeover of Maple Leafs will leave Bell looking for a team now, and that's about as amicable as the two cable giants will split here in Canada. Bell could take a bigger share in Montreal, conceivably, but Southern Ontario without a doubt has the potential to support 2 NHL franchises, and give a little bit extra to Buffalo for being in their region, so to speak.
And Leafs and Sabres would never allow it.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Because Bettman is a f***ing asshole

I heard he's the one personally forcing Quebec City to have a smaller metro population than Worcester, El Paso, Allentown, Baton Rouge, and Bakersfield

he's also personally keeping the value of the Canadian Dollar down, I heard my sister's friend's acquaintance's wife's boyfriend took his kids to go see Bettman once and when his 5 year old daughter asked for the Canadian Dollar to go up so she could afford ice cream when she visits the US he spit in her face and told her to f*** off then proceeded to ask if she was from Quebec City and launch into an angry 30 minute rant about a parking ticket he got there once even after she said no

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I heard he's the one personally forcing Quebec City to have a smaller metro population than Worcester, El Paso, Allentown, Baton Rouge, and Bakersfield

he's also personally keeping the value of the Canadian Dollar down, I heard my sister's friend's acquaintance's wife's boyfriend took his kids to go see Bettman once and when his 5 year old daughter asked for the Canadian Dollar to go up so she could afford ice cream when she visits the US he spit in her face and told her to f*** off then proceeded to ask if she was from Quebec City and launch into an angry 30 minute rant about a parking ticket he got there once even after she said no
That low Canadian dollar must be why 2 of the top 3 teams in franchise values are in Canada, and 4 in the top 12, probably closer to top 10, are also in Canada.

Quebec could support an NHL team, it's just politics. Don't get it twisted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad