Why are there no good NHL podcasts or youtube channels?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Canadians are the most vanilla people on earth.

They're so vanilla that loons are really loony because the only thing they think is not vanilla is being a clown. It's like when a serial killer is on trial and shows what he assumes emotion is and it's over the top because he can't feel remorse.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Football is easy to break down. Before the ball is snapped you know exactly where’s it’s going 90% of the time.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
People saying that hockey youtube channels make no money but yesterday I was listening to a very good Giants one and saw it had 11k views in 4 days, meanwhile that idiot SteveDangle got like 80k views in a day for some clowning rant about the Leafs.
Dangle is more than just rants, but it still a hard listen because all the guys on that pod are softer men than the Leafs.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Check out Hockey Psychology channel on youtube I randomly stumbled across it and have been very positively surprised. Lot's of in-depth breakdowns and also nice weekly recaps of the games played across the league. Easily my favorite YT channel.

The Hockey PDOcast is a good podcast with often in-depth deepdives or interesting topics.
Another vote for Hockey Psychology here. Great in depth videos, covers like the whole league.

I like listening to the SDPN pod when I walk my dog. Its better when they can't just talk about the Leafs though and actually cover other teams in the league.

Reactions: Ignatius

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Dangle is atrocious. It's hard to believe that he has fans. But I suspect they're all...birds of a feather.

I've seen some really cool stories on Nasty Knuckles over the years. It's a Flyers podcast I suppose but some of their guests have some doozies.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good is always subjective.

There are people who don't like Call Her Daddy and the Joe Rogan Experience, yet they are two of the most popular podcasts in the world right now.

Spittin Chicklets and Cam & Strick are my go-to.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
As with all social media these days, a lot of people try to be extravagant and post hot takes to gain more viewership. I'm just glad my only social media is HFB, it's disgusting out there.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I've always thought EJ Hradek from the NHL Network is a great hockey personality. Comes across as a casual fan X's and O's wise but loves the shit out of the game. He'd be great on a podcast I'm sure.

iu

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Hockey Psychology is my personal favorite. For people that used to watch SBnation/Secret Base, he scratches that itch but with strictly hockey content.

I really got addicted to Hockey Psychology after the video he did on the Leafs Stanley Cup Parade tracker last season, that guy is very clever with his humor.

Johnny Hawkey on YouTube is terrific. I like Dropping the Gloves and 32 Thoughts for general up-to-date topics. Cam & Strick do good interviews, check out their talks with Chris Pronger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad