Who's the more top heavy team: Leafs or Oilers?

Who's the more top heavy team: Leafs or Oilers

• Oilers

Votes: 69 65.1%
  • Leafs

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Both are even

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why are people comparing the teams’ top players? The question isn’t which team has the better top players. It’s which team has the better depth players. And I think the answer to that is the Oilers.

OP says only one thing : "Discuss"

Talking about the depth doesn't restrain you from talking about the top players, even if that's not the vote reasoning

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I'm sorry but how do the Leafs have better goaltending than the Oilers? All they've got a is a pile of magic beans. Joseph Woll blows a hammy every second game and Stolarz is completely unproven as a starter.

People love hating on Skinner - he's young and shaky at times, but he's an NHL vet compared to the Leaf's tandem.

Talk to me about the Leafs depth come playoff time. Ours has already proven it can perform

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I didn't when he got here. Haven't won anything under him yet either (short timeframe obv) but the types of players he is bringing in to insulate the core and his differing philosophy from Dubas (mostly his priority of D and goaltending) are nice changes.
I think his tenure will end up divisive by the end, but I honestly still do believe that fundamentally Treliving is a good GM. He isn't without fault and he certain things near the end do seem like they were bungled by him, but IMO he still always tries to leave things better than he found them.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I think his tenure will end up divisive by the end, but I honestly still do believe that fundamentally Treliving is a good GM. He isn't without fault and he certain things near the end do seem like they were bungled by him, but IMO he still always tries to leave things better than he found them.

Yeah my copium at the moment is he sucks at building a contender when he has to go get a bunch of star talent, but is really good at tinkering around the edges of talent. Kind of like Rutherford.

Overall, almost every single signing he has made has had an identity and made us tougher to play against. We're the heaviest team in the NHL this season, with one of the longest D cores. We have depth in goal for the first time in a long time. All things this franchise hasn't really tried (which was just all offense with bandaids everywhere else)

Reactions: Figgy44

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
OP says only one thing : "Discuss"

Talking about the depth doesn't restrain you from talking about the top players, even if that's not the vote reasoning
Ya what’s the point of creating a thread, and the only post you make is discuss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad