Speculation: Who's scouting who?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
17 days away from the TDL the trade talks will intensify and I felt like now it's a good time to get the Who is scouting who thread back up and running.

If you have any report of scouts in a building, kindly post it here so everyone can keep track.

This is always a fun thread cause 80% of people on this site do not understand how scouting works. My buddy used to scout for the sens and he said 5 out of 7 days he was suppose to be in an arena. People assume when you here a scout is in an arena it must mean trade, nope, remove all scouts who live within 200 miles of the arena and all scouts that are from teams in the division and teams who play said team in the next month

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If it is AGMS or GMS in the arena. Unless they are in the same division it means something.

Scouts scout. AGMS and GMS? The go big game hunting

Scouts also scout teams they are chasing in the standings to see if they are playing better than the score shows or worse

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Last game was Halak, probably their real target ;) Lilj + 1st +Mrazek for Halak... Nucks lose this trade so nvm.
If they were scouting Halak last game, you really think they’d still consider him? Even for free?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Buffalo had scouts and GM in Columbus a few games back. It was odd and then some things popped up in WNY rumbling about interest in Laine.

Please no. He’s been very good lately, but I could also see him turning malcontent in Buffalo, and while his overall game is improved- we have enough shoot first guys.

I think I heard Pens were checking the Sabres out, ya? Honestly wouldn’t be shocked if there’s some interest in KO, he’s having a great year and has some versatility/leadership to his game, but I also hope he stays. Can’t imagine we’d get more value than he provides as a vet here. Olofsson would be another target, but he’s hampered.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Please no. He’s been very good lately, but I could also see him turning malcontent in Buffalo, and while his overall game is improved- we have enough shoot first guys.

I think I heard Pens were checking the Sabres out, ya? Honestly wouldn’t be shocked if there’s some interest in KO, he’s having a great year and has some versatility/leadership to his game, but I also hope he stays. Can’t imagine we’d get more value than he provides as a vet here. Olofsson would be another target, but he’s hampered.

Oh, I don't want it either. Just the reporting that was out there.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Sakic watched a recent game in NY between NYI and Montreal.

AVS assistant GM MacFarland has watched the last two Flyers games including tonight.

There have also been recent reports of Avs scouts watching the Flyers AHL team and I think someone mentioned Avs scouts watching Utica (NJ's AHL team) as well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
bekphnqftcb41.jpg

Feb 19, 2018
Vancouver is scouting Philly, our management would know their team well. I’m thinking they are there for Provorov.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Gilman caught the last two Canucks games vs NYR and NJ (maybe tonight too vs NYI too ?)

According to John Shannon a large amount/all of the eastern conference had representatives watching the Canucks vs the Rangers and Devils.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If it is AGMS or GMS in the arena. Unless they are in the same division it means something.

Scouts scout. AGMS and GMS? The go big game hunting

Scouts also scout teams they are chasing in the standings to see if they are playing better than the score shows or worse

There are some teams that also have regional guys who are regularly in certain rinks. When John Van Boxmeer was scouting for Buffalo, he had three places he viewed games from regularly (LA and Anaheim in the NHL, Ontario in the AHL) because he was relatively local to those three locations. It was just where he lived.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
There are some teams that also have regional guys who are regularly in certain rinks. When John Van Boxmeer was scouting for Buffalo, he had three places he viewed games from regularly (LA and Anaheim in the NHL, Ontario in the AHL) because he was relatively local to those three locations. It was just where he lived.

Exactly. When I see a post about a scout being somewhere I always ask which scout.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad