Who's our Best prospect? (Thanksgiving re-run!)

Who's our best prospect ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Zadina
Rasmussen
Cholowski
Hronek

No changes to top 4 for me since June, really

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I would not call Cholowski a prospect anymore....he is much better than most of our D.

Rasmussen still has shown lots of potential, but there are still questions in his overall game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I would not call Cholowski a prospect anymore....he is much better than most of our D.

Rasmussen still has shown lots of potential, but there are still questions in his overall game.

Pronman uses that 25 game amount when ranking drafted prospects. Also less that 25 NHL games is officially considered in NHL as a rookie. Imo, it's a good limit.

Cholowski and Rasmussen will definitely be out from the next voting...

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I don't even consider cholowski or ramsussen prospects considering they're both in the NHL for good

Voted zadina ainec

Reactions: Ulysses31

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cholowski has made it a tough choice with how hes been in the NHL this year, especially with Zadinas somewhat slower start to the season.

Who cares if some of you guy dont consider Rasmussen or Cholowski prospects anymore, the person starting the thread is asking them to count. Its obviously a runaway for Zadina if those 2 arent counted

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cholowski has made it a tough choice with how hes been in the NHL this year, especially with Zadinas somewhat slower start to the season.

Who cares if some of you guy dont consider Rasmussen or Cholowski prospects anymore, the person starting the thread is asking them to count. Its obviously a runaway for Zadina if those 2 arent counted

Yep.

Just consider the highest career potential. NHL games or not under the belt.

That's what best prospect means.

Svechnikov has NHL games under his belt and I'm quite sure he won't be high on this voting-rank.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

The only question I have is how good he become first or second line player. . I hope next year he will join Larkin and Mantha. Don't forget that Holland choose him for his leadership over Necas great scaring for exemple

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Zadina still #1 for me

Cholo #2 instead of #4 like I had him before the season

then Rasmussen/Hronek/Veleno for 3/4/5 but I think 4/5 is very close right now

Zadina I had hoped would be in the NHL but realistically he's been pretty much meeting my expectations

same with Rasmussen/Veleno,just meeting expectations

Cholo has exceeded them and Hronek has fallen a bit short of them(I was expecting him to be in the NHL full time by now at least rather than back in the AHL)

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Went with Cholowski, super impressed by how comfortable he's looked. Think he's gonna turn into a top pair guy.

Still think Zadina will top out as the better player though. Just hasn't had the opportunity to show as much at the pro level as Cholowski, as of now so he's more of an unknown quantity.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Well lets see Chlo is the 2nd best D man on the team, So he has to be number one on this list of players, Ras 2nd because again hes on the team. Then Veleno, the rest is a toss up right now. Little Z has 10 points but is also a -8, Hronek has 4 points and is doing ok, but Saarijarvi is doing just as good.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Well lets see Chlo is the 2nd best D man on the team, So he has to be number one on this list of players, Ras 2nd because again hes on the team. Then Veleno, the rest is a toss up right now. Little Z has 10 points but is also a -8, Hronek has 4 points and is doing ok, but Saarijarvi is doing just as good.
Plus/minus is a fluky stat over a full season and much more fluky over a much smaller sample size. Hronek actually has 5 points with the Griffs but he also scored 3 with the Wings. Saarijärvi may have scored as many points (5) as Hronek with the Griffs but Hronek has done it in 10 games as opposed to 16.

Last edited:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Still Zadina as our #1 prospect for me. Cholowski has had a hot start to his NHL career and Zadina has started slow in GR... But if we're talking long-term projection I'm still taking Zadina over Cholowski easily. Cholo hasn't looked out of place on the first pairing but I still don't know if I'm comfortable penciling him in there long-term. I am pretty comfortable penciling Zadina into our top line.

Overall I'd say Cholowski and Rasmussen have leaped Hronek for the #2 and 3 spots respectively but besides that my ranking should be ~identical to the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad