Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Extend Demelo.
Thank Dillon for bleeding for us and wish him the best.

Morrissey Demelo
Samberg Pionk
Stanley Salomonsson
Heinola Schmidt

Reactions: Channelcat

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It's the Tobias Funke "...but it might work for us!" meme with Coaches and Stanley. They just can't resist putting his big 6'7" frame into the lineup...
It did work this season, more than once. Stanley had multiple games where he looked like a capable bottom pairing dman. But I guess this will be the time of the year for cognitive dissonance and revisionist history

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It did work this season, more than once. Stanley had multiple games where he looked like a capable bottom pairing dman. But I guess this will be the time of the year for cognitive dissonance and revisionist history

He's a fine bottom pairing defenseman in limited minutes in a system where he doesn't have to read and react to the game in front of him. He needs a very structured system to be effective. His ceiling is so obscenely low that he hits his head on it just by standing still.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The dude's been given 139 regular season and 12 of the last 18 Jets playoff games.

He's never made it out of the sheltered 3rd pairing role and has seen mixed results over the years.

He's cost the team two defensemen who were arguably at least equivalent value (Kovacevic and Chisholm).

Bones was so horny to get him in there against the Avs (?!) that he moved Samberg to his off side to accommodate this allegedly capable bottom pairing dman - and the results speak for themselves.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
The dude's been given 139 regular season and 12 of the last 18 Jets playoff games.

He's never made it out of the sheltered 3rd pairing role and has seen mixed results over the years.

He's cost the team two defensemen who were arguably at least equivalent value (Kovacevic and Chisholm).

Bones was so horny to get him in there against the Avs (?!) that he moved Samberg to his off side to accommodate this allegedly capable bottom pairing dman - and the results speak for themselves.

This org needs a coach, some skaters, a goalie, and a Beaulieu.

Stanley has become the latest in our line of Nathan Beaulieus.

Mediocre to poor in any given aspect of the game at any given time, prone to panic plays and penalties, but can look legit in certain very specific circumstances, was once a first-round pick, and will fight.

However crap we imagine Kovy and Chisholm to be, each seems to have been more consistently effective than Logan Stanley.

But neither could have been the New Beaulieu.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Extend Demelo.

Morrissey Demelo
Samberg Pionk
Stanley Salomonsson
Heinola Schmidt
Pionk to Moose, buyout or trade with 50% retention. Stanley trade.

Extend Demelo.
Promote Heinola.

Target an older but good UFA who can still play to bridge gap until Salomonsson is ready. Or take a swing at Walker.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Moose coach Mark Morrison on the Jets draft picks:

We spoke to all of the prospects on the Moose which I'll be putting out (with Jets media day on Thursday will most likely start on weekend).

I wonder how the coaches really feel as if they are super positive bout all the players, which why wouldn’t they be, sure they are all good kids, not all of them have a future in the NHL.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Capo 100% deserves to be our third pairing next year... prob paired with Heinola to start... Samberg replaces Dillon

Jets need to start focusing on RHD in the draft... they are a sparse commodity

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Extend Demelo.

Morrissey Demelo
Samberg Pionk
Stanley Salomonsson
Heinola Schmidt
If its between keeping one of Demelo and Brendan D, I prefer keeping Brendan D and looking to upgrade on Demelo with a legit top pairing dman.

Demelo is probably a 3rd pairing dman on a Stanley Cup challending team, but he is going to be looking for top pairing $$ as that was his role with us.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Capo 100% deserves to be our third pairing next year... prob paired with Heinola to start... Samberg replaces Dillon

Jets need to start focusing on RHD in the draft... they are a sparse commodity
There are some very good ones at the top end of the draft this summer.

Reactions: WolfHouse

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If its between keeping one of Demelo and Brendan D, I prefer keeping Brendan D and looking to upgrade on Demelo with a legit top pairing dman.

Demelo is probably a 3rd pairing dman on a Stanley Cup challending team, but he is going to be looking for top pairing $$ as that was his role with us.
Which legit top pairing right-shooting D is the one you would sign? Does he have a family that is excited about moving to Winnipeg? What does that contract look like? Who do we need to sacrifice to stay under the cap (in addition to Demelo)?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

DeMelo might be a 2nd pair Dman in a good D corps - or 3rd. But he has been playing on the top pair in Wpg and doing so successfully. So I agree that he is going to want more $$$.

But we can't just snap our fingers and upgrade to a true top pair RHD.

I think Samberg surpasses Dillon next year to play 2nd pair. Much as I might like to keep Dillon around, he will be paid too much for a 3rd pair Dman.

I'd be happy to leave DeMelo with JMo. They have worked well together. Upgrade on Pionk at 2RD.

:laugh: If we could just get what we want I'd go with:
Morrissey - real 1RD x
Samberg - real 2RD y
Heinola - real 3RD z

There are some very good ones at the top end of the draft this summer.

How about at 37?

Reactions: lanky

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
DeMelo might be a 2nd pair Dman in a good D corps - or 3rd. But he has been playing on the top pair in Wpg and doing so successfully. So I agree that he is going to want more $$$.

I think Samberg surpasses Dillon next year to play 2nd pair. Much as I might like to keep Dillon around, he will be paid too much for a 3rd pair Dman.

I'd be happy to leave DeMelo with JMo. They have worked well together. Upgrade on Pionk at 2RD.

Morrissey - real 1RD x
Samberg - real 2RD y
Heinola - real 3RD z

How about at 37?
I think the Wheat Kings have a guy around there, an RHD. I think his surname is Elick, or something like that.

Reactions: hn777

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

Morrissey - real 1RD x
Samberg - real 2RD y
Heinola - real 3RD z

How about at 37?
What would you pay for Demelo?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What would you pay for Demelo?

Pay him like a good 2RD. 3 or 4 years x 4-4.5 mil.
I'd rather limit the term to 3 years. He just turned 31 yesterday so he would be 34 when that ended. So probably need to go to 4.5 to get that term. If he regresses and ends up playing 3RD for some part of that term it is still tolerable compared to paying near 6 mil for a 3rd pair D for a few years. :laugh:

That is still not 1st pair money. If someone else wants to pay more we might have to part ways. Is some other GM going to pay him 5.5-6 mil because they know he has played top pair here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad