Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I think if Florida wins tonight then the league gives it to McDavid as a consolation prize for the embarrassment Edmonton has been so far.

Bob should take it home as he's been incredible unless Edmonton goes ape sh*t and forces a game 7 with McD padding the stats

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
If Florida wins tonight, I gotta think it's got to go to Bobrovsky. And while I'm an Oilers fan, I'm a hockey fan first and foremost and it's wonderful to see Bobrovsky having a Patrick Roy impact and run throughout these playoffs. It seems like a lifetime ago that he played for the Flyers and the Blue Jackets. Happy to see during the back nine of his career that he is performing at this level. He has always been a pretty clean player, with a good attitude and work ethic. While that doesn't earn you a Conn Smythe, even those who are not cheering for Florida can see that he is playing at an incredible level and definitely deserves all the accolades at this point.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Barkov hasn't made any mistakes tonight.
Hes in the minuses, and hes not doing anything offensively to bring his team back, and although I didn't see every goal I don't really fault Bob for any of the ones I saw.
One game doesn't change the narrative enough for me.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Hes in the minuses, and hes not doing anything offensively to bring his team back, and although I didn't see every goal I don't really fault Bob for any of the ones I saw.
Yikes, judging players from plus/minus. Lol.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

Well it shouldn't. That's what I mean. Conn Smythe is MVP of playoffs, not who was good in finals when you finally tuned in. 3 rounds it was Sasha and it still seems to be.

Bob won one matchup for 3 games, got pulled in 4th. He didn't win the previous 3 series on his own, or the previous 3 games this series. He's a great goalie. He's not why Florida wins this.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He is feasting against Bennett line in last 2. He gets Barkov again next game.
Barkov isnt stopping Mcdavid its the panthers collective effort + bob being great games 1 and 2

Mcdavid has 37 pts and now 6 in 4 final games

He is having the best playoff run by any player outside of 66 and 99 ever

Draisaitl has been straight ass for 10 games and Mcdavid has carried hard to get the oilers to game 5 of SCF

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Yikes, judging players from plus/minus. Lol.
Everything is part of the equation. What is barkov doing to bring his team back?

Well it shouldn't. That's what I mean. Conn Smythe is MVP of playoffs, not who was good in finals when you finally tuned in. 3 rounds it was Sasha and it still seems to be.

Bob won one matchup for 3 games, got pulled in 4th. He didn't win the previous 3 series on his own, or the previous 3 games this series. He's a great goalie. He's not why Florida wins this.
Everything you just said could substitute the word Bob for Barkov. It's the same thing. Barkov didn't win anything on his own. As a Rangers fan I watched the florida/Rangers series closely. And barkov is great. I really like him. But his 1 es point and his 0 points in 3 or 4 of 6 games against Rangers isn't impressive. Oh, he shut down panarin? You could just as easily say Rangers shut him down because he did NOTHING 5on5. He got chances and looked good, but results determine success and Bob has done just as much or more than Barkov.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Everything is part of the equation. What is barkov doing to bring his team back?

Everything you just said could substitute the word Bob for Barkov. It's the same thing. Barkov didn't win anything on his own. As a Rangers fan I watched the florida/Rangers series closely. And barkov is great. I really like him. But his 1 es point and his 0 points in 3 or 4 of 6 games against Rangers isn't impressive. Oh, he shut down panarin? You could just as easily say Rangers shut him down because he did NOTHING 5on5. He got chances and looked good, but results determine success and Bob has done just as much or more than Barkov.

No, he hasn't.

Barkov was elemental in those series where Bob lost the goalie battle.

He's still elemental here. It's fantastic that Bob won the goalie battle in first 3 final games. It's the first series.

Reactions: StrmSurge

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Barkov isnt stopping Mcdavid its the panthers collective effort + bob being great games 1 and 2

Mcdavid has 37 pts and now 6 in 4 final games

He is having the best playoff run by any player outside of 66 and 99 ever

Draisaitl has been straight ass for 10 games and Mcdavid has carried hard to get the oilers to game 5 of SCF
Barkov rules the ice by being multipurpose there aren't enough defensive stats in hockey I've complained about it before to the tunes of mockery.

McDavid isn't on the level of Barkov defensively wouldn't you agree? Barkov is responsible for the majority of Bobrovsky dominance also.

Also, they're not gonna give it to the loser you're about to get swept. I had Oilers in 6 I underestimated how overmatched they were.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
No, he hasn't.

Barkov was elemental in those series where Bob lost the goalie battle.

He's still elemental here. It's fantastic that Bob won the goalie battle in first 3 final games. It's the first series.
You're entitled to your subjective opinion.

I'm not even a Bobrovsky fan. I just think it's such a team effort, and Barkov's defensive greatness is getting a little embellished now (it's hfboards. That's how it goes). Florida didn't really do anything to the Rangers that the Canes didn't. The difference was Bobrovsky > Andersen. Florida didn't win that series because Barkov > Aho (even though he is).

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Barkov rules the ice by being multipurpose there aren't enough defensive stats in hockey I've complained about it before to the tunes of mockery.

McDavid isn't on the level of Barkov defensively wouldn't you agree? Barkov is responsible for the majority of Bobrovsky dominance also.

Also, they're not gonna give it to the loser you're about to get swept. I had Oilers in 6 I underestimated how overmatched they were.
Barkov is stopping Mcdavid is a dumb narrative to try amd hurt Mcdavids legacy.

Barkov has ~ppg for the playoffs. Mcdavid is still dominating this series with 6 pts in 4ish games.

Mcdavid gets 1 more win amd thats orob 40 pt playoff run. He 100% deserves the smythe

Mcdavid is the only player whose shown up for the oilers this series

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad