The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
1715271440836.png

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
As a Canucks fan, I must also give Makar his dues. Clearly stepped his game up and ramping up off the end of his season. His defense has actually been much more detailed recently too. Not chasing nearly as much and letting the play come to him a bit more which is huge from what I've watched.

Hughes is clearly still adjusting to the learning curve. He's slowly putting it together to rush the puck up on these multi-man attacks but he really has to switch up his game because what worked in the regular season is a complete 180 to what he needs to do with guys going out of their way to avoid the puck to take body on him. Defensively he's been okay (held McDavid to zero shots last night) but he's taken a step back offensively. Getting there, but Makar is on another level.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Nate MacKinnon winning the Hart and Conn Smythe in the same season would be incredible. He'd join Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr and Guy Lafleur as the only people to win both in the same season.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Nate MacKinnon winning the Hart and Conn Smythe in the same season would be incredible. He'd join Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr and Guy Lafleur as the only people to win both in the same season.

Honorable mention to Crosby for finishing 2nd in the Hart and winning the Smythe two years in a row.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I would say at this point Hyman or Shesterkin, probably with Shesterkin with a slight edge - he has really been a difference maker in this second series. Makar as well worth consideration - that guys' puck IQ is fantastic.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I believe Shesterkin would win as of today, but he's also played more games than a few of the other candidates.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
and you could do nothing but go wrong with picks 6-9
Oettinger, Robertson, Suzuki, Necas…you could have gone right.
Crazy to look at Stars‘ top picks…Heiskanen, Oettinger, Robertson.

Even the later rounds had players like Swayman, Batherson, Aho and Eriksson Ek…

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The team around him isn't good enough to make it far enough for the Smyth, but 14 points in 6 games and 1 period is hard to beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad