Who will have more points next year: Connor Bedard or Jack Hughes?

Who will have more points next year: Connor Bedard or Jack Hughes?

• Bedard

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Hughes

Votes: 155 80.7%
  • Cant decide

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
The Devils are more primed than the Hawks. The Devils acquired defenseman Pesce from Carolina. Should help. I'm thinking Hughes doesn't get injured.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
I votes Hughes, but how exactly does Pesce help Hughes put up points? He doesn't provide much offence.

If anything, a healthy Hamilton is what's going to really help Hughes
It's like Draisaitl putting up more points because Eckholm is often on the backend. Defense builds offensive confidence.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The Devils are more primed than the Hawks. The Devils acquired defenseman Pesce from Carolina. Should help.
This was my first reaction followed by the next point which was my second reaction.

I'm thinking Hughes doesn't get injured.
Hughes is in a better situation and is right in the middle of what should be his peak years so that's why I took him but I wouldn't be surprised if bedard had more points.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If both guys stay healthy I think it'll be Hughes by 20+ points. He should be good for 110+ points if he's healthy.
He obviously has the talent and is only 22, but thats pretty optimistic considering Hughes has never paced for higher than 104 points.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He obviously has the talent and is only 22, but thats pretty optimistic considering Hughes has never paced for higher than 104 points.
Whenever he's been healthy, he's paced for significantly higher than that. Each time he's been injured he's come back banged up (typically noticeable with his shooting preference, velocity, puck control), not surprising considering his shoulder injury history.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Went with Hughes but I think it will be the last time he has a higher ppg. I expect Bedard to really break out the following season.

LDX

Jan 13, 2014
Iles de la Madeleine
I think Bedard will be the better player of the two, by far - in fact, if Bedard ends up being a player in Jack Hugues' tier, I believe he will be a disappointment.

With that said, at this current stage and their current team, I think Hugues, a formidable player in his own right, will have more points in the next season, and maybe the one after that, too.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hawks fan saying Hughes. Would love to be wrong
Same. Hughes is 23 and one of the better offensive players in the league IMO. If he has a healthy season there's no reason to think 19 year old Bedard will outscore him.

Would love to be wrong! The Hawks added actual NHL players this time around so Bedard will have some help, the potential is limitless here so maybe Bedard's 2nd season is when he takes off and never looks back.

Reactions: wetcoast

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'll go with Hughes for next season. Bedard may end up better, but I don't think it'll be horrible if he ends up in Hughes' tier.

Hughes should have some 100 point seasons if he's healthy. People hyped the hell out of Tavares as well and he was basically a Hughes-tier player in his prime himself. He wasn't quite as good as prime MacKinnon, let alone McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad