Speculation: Who will be the next star player traded?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Is there a player in the NHL that won't walk if they don't re-sign?

Random attempt at nitpicking. The first part of that sentence in my post addressed the alternative of a trade; it's unlikely for teams of that caliber. If that type of player doesn't re-sign, he's probably walking rather than being dealt.

Reactions: byrath

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The Ducks don't exist to me. Why is Zegras poison?

He isn't, by all accounts he's very well liked in Anaheim.

Honestly the "rumors" around Zegras are crap. All started with Seravelli (who has never shown to be well connected in Anaheim) speculating that the Ducks may listen on Zegras after moving his buddy Drysdale. That was literally the extent of it, except all these crappy independent blogs jumped on it because Zegras has a buzzworthy name that can generate clicks. So one uninformed opinion, suddenly becomes a rumor that the "Ducks are shopping Zegras". The whole thing was basically given life by Habs fans blogs who thought they could get him for a late first rounder at the draft. Never any weight to it.

Lebrun basically squashed the notion by saying the Ducks are merely listening like they would on any player and aren't calling anyone to shop Zegras. He's the most proven young offensive talent on a team that can't score - they need more of him not less.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Not convinced It's this year because being in Utah might buy some time but I think Clayton Keller is going to get real sick of losing.

Brady Tkachuk too if Ottawa doesn't smarten up NOW

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I will throw out Werenski, I think he brings back assets CBJ needs. I guess we will see, this is always hard to predict. True trading of a star is losing someone people around here think is untouchable in most cases.

That's a pretty good one actually. Makes a lot of sense. I'd add R. Andersson, I think he deserves the star player label and could fetch a ransom that would bolster the Flames' rebuild. Weegar too potentially

BlueGoose27

Sep 6, 2024
Brady Tkachuk by TDL 2025 or summer of 2025 before July 1st when his NTC kicks in. If Sens fall flat on their face again, he’s asking for a trade. I’m sure those talks have already been had with Staios and co.

Dallas
Vancouver
New Jersey
Carolina

Those would be my guess on playoff teams who would/could trade for BT. I mean every team would want BT, so Sens would have the pick of the litter when it comes to offers.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There's not a lot intrigue with the 2025 class. Given Toronto's competitive position, Marner probably walks if he doesn't re-sign. Same thing with Rantanen. The media will have fun with Crosby, but that's a gigantic question mark in reality.

The 2026 class could be fun. Kaprizov and Connor stand out. Players on teams stuck in the mid (1 playoff series win combined this decade).
If we think star player is getting traded ahead of UFA because his team hasn't won more than 1 playoff series in past decade, Marner falls into same category. Just sayin..

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I prefer the choices that people have made before in this thread (particularly Werenski and Tkachuk) but I wanted to name someone new, so:

Sean Couturier.

(Qualifies as a star because on that salary, he lives like one!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad