Who will be the first to end a Stanley Cup drought (top-4 active draughts)

Who ends the drought first?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't see any of the 4 winning anytime soon but I'll say Leafs.

They make a ton of money and the pressure is always on, surely they have to win it one of these days? even the cubs eventually won.

No they don't. The Sharks never won. Neither did the Sens and they had ultra talented teams in the 00's.

Vancouver is the closest, but who really knows. If Buffalo ever figures things out, it could be them. They have tons of young talent and prospects. If UPL or Levi turns into the guy, they have a good shot.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
No they don't. The Sharks never won. Neither did the Sens and they had ultra talented teams in the 00's.

Vancouver is the closest, but who really knows. If Buffalo ever figures things out, it could be them. They have tons of young talent and prospects. If UPL or Levi turns into the guy, they have a good shot.

Not to mention that teams who sell out despite being bad have even less incentive to perform well, because, who cares?

The team doesn't need to win if you suck for 10 years but still sell out every game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dread Clawz

Shane Diesel

Mods are corporate stooges
Jun 8, 2021
Their last win was 50 years ago and they've lost in the finals 6 times in a row since then, they've also missed the playoffs the past 4 seasons.
I'm well aware. And they will still win a Cup before a Canadian team does.

Six losses in the Finals also matches the results of all Canadian franchise appearances since 1993, singlehandedly.

I'll stick with Philly.

Last edited:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I'm well aware. And they will still win a Cup before a Canadian team does.

Six losses in the Finals also matches the results of all Canadian franchise appearances since 1993, singlehandedly.

I'll stick with Philly.

5 of them were pre lockout and one was a cinderella run off the back of Chris Pronger, but sure. Ancient history doesn't indicate future success, recent history does.

They haven't had a 50 win season since 1985, they haven't broken 100 points in over a decade, they haven't won the division in over 10 years, they've won one playoff round in the last decade (and missed the playoffs every year since then), they don't have an elite D, G, or C, and afaik not a single person on their lineup has ever scored PPG+, aside from Konecny who got 61 in 60 once.

The other teams have some number of elite D, C, and G, better success now and recently, or a much better prospect pool. If you're just guessing, sure, but there's very little reason to logically pick Philly outside of because people won 50 years ago. Recent history shows they're a worse version of the Leafs.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Philadelphia: they are trash right now, and it's all right; they want to go for it in 4 / 5 years
The current landscape will have changed

Toronto's window is closing by the year, and it seems that they just can't do it
I think they're salvageable, but not without huge trades and sacrificing the future

Vancouver is a second tier team that can't quite compete against the top tier teams of this era, and I don't see them getting the better over the new contenders coming up

Buffalo is playing in what is the hardest division in the league IMO
Everyone else in the division (aside of Montréal) is either straight up better, or can compete with the Sabres
I think that their line-up is incredible on defense, but they lack talent and depth on offense, and I'm also sure that when Montréal is ready, they'll pass over Buffalo in the ranking
I like the Sabres, but I don't see them competing anytime soon

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
they lack talent and depth on offense, and I'm also sure that when Montréal is ready, they'll pass over Buffalo in the ranking
I like the Sabres, but I don't see them competing anytime soon

Our defense might have two first overall picks but there is still talent among the forwards, and depth should get better in a year or two. Might even be a strength.

Thompson
Tuch
Cozens
Quinn
Peterka
Benson

With any of the following possibly coming in the next year or two:

Kulich
Helenius
Ostlund
Rosen
Wahlberg

Couple others that could turn into something. Not sure that Montreal will end up consistently ahead of us in the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad