Who will be the first to end a Stanley Cup drought (top-4 active draughts)

Who ends the drought first?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth

The four longest active Stanley Cup droughts are:​

:leafs
The last Stanley Cup win 1967
(57 years drought)
:sabres
Never won the Cup
(54 years drought)
:nucks
Never won the Cup
(54 years drought)
:flyers
The last Stanley Cup win 1975
(49 years drought)

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Tough one, I don't think any win it in the next 5 years.. but if I had to pick one it's Vancouver.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I don't see any of the 4 winning anytime soon but I'll say Leafs.

They make a ton of money and the pressure is always on, surely they have to win it one of these days? even the cubs eventually won.

Reactions: banks

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Gotta hope it's my Canucks.

Core: #1 D (Hughes), #1 and #2 C (Miller/ Petey), #1 W (Boeser), #1 G (Demko)
Depth: Petey's scoring partner (DeBrusk), #1 RD/ #2 D (Hronek), other guys who can play playoff-style hockey (Heinen, Joshua, Soucy, Blueger, Suter, Forbort, Garland, Desharnais, Sherwood), guys on ELCs or other cheap contracts who can who contribute (Hoglander, Sprong, Silovs*)

They rid themselves of Mikheyev's inefficient contract and added guys with strong two-way games, so I could see them get it done. Nothing against Philly but their goalie situation is suspect (Hart's out, Ersson isn't proven, nor is Fedotov and they might not even score that much with Michkov; Buffalo's just flawed though they have quality pieces, but their balance is off with mainly skilled guys and not enough sandpaper, maybe they'll breakout this year?? Leafs are too top-heavy and reliant on Woll)

Reactions: dalewood12

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
VAN has all the pieces in place. Their GM now just has to do the finesse work with the cap and via trades to bolster the line up with the necessary depth. A tough task still, but the hard part roster building wise is done. And of course, they’ll need some luck.

Reactions: MakeTheGoalsLarger

Crow

May 19, 2014
I could see this Canucks core competing for one unlike all of the other current cores. At an organizational level I’d put the buffalo last if we are looking long term due to none of them likely winning soon. I think I’d put the Canucks first organizationally too. I’m not sure I can get behind the management/ownership as easily in the case of a corporate owned franchise. It’s better than an idiot owner though.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Canucks are a better run team among the 4

We can see the Leafs going towards an eventual decline
Philadelphia is a mess
Buffalo, there's a bit of hope w/ a new administration but ultimately it's still Buffalo

Meanwhile, Vancouver has often shown potential and other than the Sedin era, they've displayed a willingness to shake things up to improve their roster

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
MTL still has no elite 1C or 1D, or prospects with that kind of potential. I don’t see it happening unless something changes there.
Vancouver - this core will be cooked by the time their direct competition regresses to where they could be a “contender”

Buffalo - who knows what that team is doing

Philly/Montreal - Both could turn into playoff teams when the current teams regress from where they are.

My thought process is further out than within the next couple years. I see two teams likely to regress (Vancouver/Buffalo) & two teams that can emerge as playoff teams (Philly/Montreal)

Reactions: Gurglesons

Shane Diesel

Mods are corporate stooges
Jun 8, 2021
Canada is cursed and Buffalo is....Buffalo.

Flyers because they've won a Cup before.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Vancouver - this core will be cooked by the time their direct competition regresses to where they could be a “contender”

Buffalo - who knows what that team is doing

Philly/Montreal - Both could turn into playoff teams when the current teams regress from where they are.

My thought process is further out than within the next couple years. I see two teams likely to regress (Vancouver/Buffalo) & two teams that can emerge as playoff teams (Philly/Montreal)
Did the leafs move to Montreal?

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Of that group, the Leafs. They can make the playoffs, have won a series and just need some care and thought into how to move forward. If management can make the team hungry, they can do it, but they all need to be drivers and the passengers need to be made brutal examples. Fight for the Leaf or GTFO. The skill and talent is there.

Canucks held in there when Demko went out and got excellent netminding and support from the Deranged Oreo Dolphins, so the heart and resolve is definitely built into that core. I think they're a piece or two away from taking the major next step. It's a franchise you can really get behind and root for.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Canucks have the best management of the teams here, I also think they have the best pieces now, and it's too hard to gauge 5+ years out.

Comparing them directly, the Canucks have the best D, G, and two of the top 3 C's among the teams.

Canada is cursed and Buffalo is....Buffalo.

Flyers because they've won a Cup before.

Their last win was 50 years ago and they've lost in the finals 6 times in a row since then, they've also missed the playoffs the past 4 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad