Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season V - Joe Castiglione announces retirement after 2024 Red Sox season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not capitalizing with RISP is doing this team in.

I dont understand. I just don't.

What's not to understand?

It's a long season, ups and downs.

Before last night's game, Yoshida was hitting over .400 with runners in scoring position with 2 outs. Twice he failed last night. Could have been the difference in the game. Sox are understandably 70-70 at this point.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You would think it would be hard to get much worse than their 5 losses in a row on the road, where they had been excellent.

But as Red Sox luck would have it, they can turn embarrassment into humiliation with the White Sox in town. Lose this series and it will be up there with some of the many horrible Res Sox moments.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
O’Neil has 25 HR, but only 50 RBI.

I wonder what the lowest HR/RBI ratio is for players who hit 25 or more HR?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The losing streak is over! The Sox win! The children can FINALLY eat! Hallelujah!

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: rfournier103

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Shohei Ohtani is a pretty amazing player. I honestly did not know he was speedy. He only need 5 HRs and 4 SBs for the first ever 50/50 season in history.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

LEADERSHIP VOID?​

Red Sox lacking clubhouse presence​

As Roman Anthony, Kristian Campbell, Marcelo Mayer, and Kyle Teel move closer to the major leagues, who will they look to for leadership once they arrive?

That’s a question the Red Sox need to address. Because that position remains vacant.

Rafael Devers? He’s a talented independent contractor at this point, his mood contingent on how he’s playing.

Devers shows up ready to play, he plays hard, he plays hurt, and he generally plays really well. He’s more of a leader by example, which is fine.

But more is needed in a big market, especially when you’re the highest-paid player on the team.

Here’s a small example from the last road trip. All the Sox players, coaches, and staffers wore football jerseys for the trip from Detroit to New York.

Most of the players represented their favorite team. Others purchased jerseys worn by movie characters. Even Masataka Yoshida, who has no interest in football, broke out a Patriots jersey.

Everybody participated . . . except Devers.

A few days later, Devers blew off reporters after a loss against the Mets. That he inconvenienced two writers who waited in the clubhouse for an hour isn’t the issue. It’s that the team had hit a low point and it was time for the best player to stand up and say something like, “We have to play better, it starts with me. We’ll come back tomorrow.”

The fan base wants to hear that and so do the other players. Instead the message was essentially, “I’m more upset I went 0 for 4.”

It has nothing to do with communication. His English is just fine.

Pete Abraham today Globe

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

LEADERSHIP VOID?​

Red Sox lacking clubhouse presence​

As Roman Anthony, Kristian Campbell, Marcelo Mayer, and Kyle Teel move closer to the major leagues, who will they look to for leadership once they arrive?

That’s a question the Red Sox need to address. Because that position remains vacant.

Rafael Devers? He’s a talented independent contractor at this point, his mood contingent on how he’s playing.

Devers shows up ready to play, he plays hard, he plays hurt, and he generally plays really well. He’s more of a leader by example, which is fine.

But more is needed in a big market, especially when you’re the highest-paid player on the team.

Here’s a small example from the last road trip. All the Sox players, coaches, and staffers wore football jerseys for the trip from Detroit to New York.

Most of the players represented their favorite team. Others purchased jerseys worn by movie characters. Even Masataka Yoshida, who has no interest in football, broke out a Patriots jersey.

Everybody participated . . . except Devers.

A few days later, Devers blew off reporters after a loss against the Mets. That he inconvenienced two writers who waited in the clubhouse for an hour isn’t the issue. It’s that the team had hit a low point and it was time for the best player to stand up and say something like, “We have to play better, it starts with me. We’ll come back tomorrow.”

The fan base wants to hear that and so do the other players. Instead the message was essentially, “I’m more upset I went 0 for 4.”

It has nothing to do with communication. His English is just fine.

Pete Abraham today Globe

Manny Ramirez lite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad