Who will be tanking for Gavin McKenna in 2025-2026?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
A lot of teams are improving and will try to get out of their rebuild/muck they're in before then (Chicago, San Jose, Columbus, Montreal, Anaheim, Ottawa), others should still be contending (Florida, Carolina, Edmonton, Dallas, Toronto, New York Rangers).

So who will fall off a cliff and unintentionally tank (New York Islanders, Pittsburgh, Washington, St Louis, Tampa, Boston, Los Angeles, Winnipeg), who will outright tank (Calgary, others listed previously), or who could be good but won't be and tank (Seattle, Utah, Philadelphia, Buffalo)?

Really interested who will end up in McKenna range, since he looks to be the truth.

Last edited:

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
As a Blackhawks fan, we really didn't start the rebuild that long ago. Next year is still a rebuilding year and man I would absolutely love to have McKenna.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Chicago barred from winning the lottery until 2028 because they won the last two years? Or does winning second place not count?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't think Penguins will intentionally tank but at the same time, i can see them being a brutal team already this season which might lead to Crosby moving on if he still wants to play in the Playoffs.

If he doesn't move on, i don't see how Penguins will finish with a top-6 pick.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
2 more years in the WHL is crazy, when you consider what he has already done. Obviously needs to bulk about abit for that frame and work on a few things. But still, are people using 'generational' for him or just franchise player? On track to be better and bigger than Bedard?

I suspect the teams at the bottom now will still be there when this draft comes up. Chicago, San Jose, Columbus, etc are pretty poor franchises.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
I could see an intentionall tank in the Habs near future.

One, it worked out OK for the Leafs when they tanked for Matthews.

Two, in order to build and populate a "Robidas Island" you need players with injuries and the Habs have had more than their share of injuries the last few years.

Reactions: PaulD

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I could see an intentionall tank in the Habs near future.

One, it worked out OK for the Leafs when they tanked for Matthews.

Two, in order to build and populate a "Robidas Island" you need players with injuries and the Habs have had more than their share of injuries the last few years.
I think their prospect pool is too strong and I don't think Hughes and Gorton have any intention of building that weak of a roster for 2025-26.

Reactions: Heffyhoof and rahad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad