Who was the 2023-24 Florida Panthers postseason MVP?

Who was the Panthers MVP this postseason?

• Aleksander Barkov

Votes: 83 59.7%
  • Sergei Bobrovsky

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • Mathew Tkachuk

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Gustav Forsling

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Evan Rodriguez

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Aaron Ekblad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carter Verhaeghe

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Reinhart

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Sam Bennett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Barkov, he got weirdly roasted by Oilers fans in games 4 and 5 cause he wasn't playing as good after Drai's hit but it wasn't like McDavid's line was killing him at all in the series (look at the situations and clips of all the goals with both of then) he played well in most the games and I'm starting to come around to the hype

Bob was great in game 1 and great in game 7 but like even other games Florida won it was sort of up down. The softest goal in the series was Ekholm's in game two, at least the McDavid game 5 softy you could say had element of surprise.

shout out to Evan Rodrigues where the hell did this guy come from lol?

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Barkov.

Reinhart and Verhaeghe had their moments… Rodrigues had a hot streak… Tkachuk was OK, same for Ekblad… Forsling was solid for the most of the playoffs, but struggled a bit in the SCF, and Bobrovsky REALLY struggled those three games…

Sasha, though, was their most dependable player through all four rounds.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think Sam Bennett should be an option. Even though he missed a few games, he was an absolute monster up until the knee.

The three best players for the Panthers in this postseason were Bobrovsky, Barkov, and Forsling. Take your pick. I said Barkov up until today.

After tonight, it would have to be Bob. The Panthers were reeling after three consecutive brutal losses, and needed Bobrovsky to play the game of his life for sixty minutes. He did just that.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Very easily Barkov. Bobrovsky lost 2 or 3 of his matchups, although he was good expect 3 losses in finals with under .850sv

Barkov won all his matchups these playoffs, shutting down almost all of top7 scorers in the league, being their top scorer at the same time. He is the Heart and Soul, and the best player of this team.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Evergreen

I gotta go with Barkov. Bobrovsky would have had my vote before his abysmal performance in games 4-6. He was the primary reason the Oilers were able to tie up the series. Barkov played steady all series and is the actual most important player on that team.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's Barkov if you take anyone from the Panthers. Barkov and McDavid were the only choices that made any sense.

I don't know what possessed ESPN to start reaching for Bobrovsky last night. He had a .906 save percentage and 0.4 GSAA in the playoffs. Those are numbers any NHL goalie puts up if they're not shitting the bed.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t think it was Bob, but people put too much emphasis on averaging stats for goalies in the NHL playoff format. Getting 16 shutouts and 12 blowout losses is more valuable than giving up at least 2 every game but keeping the bad losses down so having better overall numbers. He did have a .937 in his wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad