Proposal: Who stays, Who goes

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
While I don't know specifics, the trade had nothing to do with hockey.

If you don't see that, then I don't know what you can see.

All of the pieces of the puzzle were there to see.......

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
I think Lucic stays and has a very good year to prove he is worth 6 mill or more...

Marchand-Bergeron-FA/Connolly
Erikksson-Krejci-Connolly/FA
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
FA-Koko-FA

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Trade
Krug-Mcquaid

You have to trade Smith and Kelly no matter what and also Seids should be upgraded with a better all around dman (man would i love Seabrook) Then upgrade the Bergeron or Krejci RW with size, speed and goal scoring! The 4th line wing spots should be prospects from Providence or singings/trades for players who hit, have size and speed...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I look at a team like the Rangers, they are absent of anyone "elite" or "special". Nash is a nice offensive player who`s done nothing in his playoff history but they work well together as a team and they are hungry

We`ve watched the Pens with arguably two of the top players in the world not win a bloody thing since how long ago?

Elite means little, it`s nice to have but if you don`t have a solid supporting cast to go along with the other talent, you`ll never win.

Time for a change and it`s coming this summer and it matters not if this team makes the playoffs or doesn`t

Honestly, never thought I`d say this but I`d rather this team (who`ll do jack all in the playoffs) miss and pick high then play and get bounced in a second

You need a solid supporting cast no doubt, but when I say elite I mean in a sense their is an attribute they have that is top-end. Take Kreider for example. He's a big body but he's an elite skater especially for a big man. Yandle isn't perfect but he's can move the puck at an elite level. They do play well as a team but it's also a good mix of skill-sets and abilities.

You mentioned Pittsburgh and they are a great example of what hurts the Bruins too. Look at their forwards outside of Crosby and Malkin the last few years. Same as Boston really, a bunch of two-way guys who pretty much all bring the same thing. No one who has anything that stands out, whether they be hard-shooters, crushing hitters, fast skaters, just a bunch of blah forwards. The one shooter they did have was Neal and they traded him. Kinda like Boston did with Seguin and Boychuk. Seguin was an elite level skater and shooter. Boychuk had an elite level slapper and crushing hitter. Both are gone and we instead we have a bunch of blah players like Eriksson, Smith, Kelly, Bartkowski, Talbot, etc. too many of these types.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Of all the people saying to trade Krejci if it's right (which is fine, i agree), why is it over health concerns?

Dude has been pretty healthy outside of this year and the wrist injury in 2010.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Familiarity and since he showed up in mid 80's he's been nothing but professional and played the game the right way

He is exactly the way I'd want my kid to play- hard, tough, clean, responsible

Super nice off the ice

Bright

Lives here 30 years - he's not an outsider

Knows the players - he could tell you what Spooner likes to eat

Works well with Cam

To me it's such a match other than Gorton I'd consider no one else

And his degree is in economics

I can tell u the hockey folks I know really respect and like him- I'm talking broad scope

Could that turn out being dangerous though? as in..hes close to all the current players...might make 'heart' decisions instead of 'head' decisions? Bring in a GM with no connection to any of the players and there's no link with any, getting rid of them will be 100% conscience free

Bruins should be targeting Seabrook cos I don't think Hawks can retain him. He would instantly make us better down back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You need a solid supporting cast no doubt, but when I say elite I mean in a sense their is an attribute they have that is top-end. Take Kreider for example. He's a big body but he's an elite skater especially for a big man. Yandle isn't perfect but he's can move the puck at an elite level. They do play well as a team but it's also a good mix of skill-sets and abilities.

You mentioned Pittsburgh and they are a great example of what hurts the Bruins too. Look at their forwards outside of Crosby and Malkin the last few years. Same as Boston really, a bunch of two-way guys who pretty much all bring the same thing. No one who has anything that stands out, whether they be hard-shooters, crushing hitters, fast skaters, just a bunch of blah forwards. The one shooter they did have was Neal and they traded him. Kinda like Boston did with Seguin and Boychuk. Seguin was an elite level skater and shooter. Boychuk had an elite level slapper and crushing hitter. Both are gone and we instead we have a bunch of blah players like Eriksson, Smith, Kelly, Bartkowski, Talbot, etc. too many of these types.

it`ll be an interesting summer indeed

Not giving this team or management a free pass as this year was/is/has been beyond frustrating and change is needed and I`m sure will come but I will say this. The previous, almost 2 decades of Bruin hockey didn`t have me have as engaged as this group did during the best of times under Chia and Claude, and no matter what happens moving forward, I was pretty darned spoiled over the last, almost decade, can`t say I ever felt that way since I discovered this was the team I was going to root for

Always felt this teams ownership/management were always far more interested in doing just enough to make the post season and not much more, and I felt far too often they tried to pass off a minute steak as filet mignon, didn`t work, this team was irrelevant before Chia jumped on board for years and now, well now the time seems to have come for a new direction and I`m "ok" with it, won`t know what the future will bring

Only guarantee I have is whomever is in the GM`s/Coaches chair, will be on the hunted list in no time here unless they can bring the bar to the level it once was for as poor as this season has been, a standard has been set, it`ll be interesting and difficult for the next group to get it back

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Milan Lucic - Ryan Spooner - David Pastrnak
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Loui Eriksson
Brett Connolly - David Krejci - Carl Hagelin
Matt Martin - Alexander Khokhlachev - Brian Ferlin

I'd like to see something like this.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think Lucic stays and has a very good year to prove he is worth 6 mill or more...

Marchand-Bergeron-FA/Connolly
Erikksson-Krejci-Connolly/FA
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
FA-Koko-FA

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Trade
Krug-Mcquaid

You have to trade Smith and Kelly no matter what and also Seids should be upgraded with a better all around dman (man would i love Seabrook) Then upgrade the Bergeron or Krejci RW with size, speed and goal scoring! The 4th line wing spots should be prospects from Providence or singings/trades for players who hit, have size and speed...

That would be appropriate, wouldn't it? Sign another guy on a contract year and overpay.

Lucic, total package, with his deficiencies subtracted shouldn't be given a raise. If he plays well next year to get a contract, trade him, because you know, after he gets that guaranteed money, who is to say he's going to put that type of effort in again. Lucic is a fraction of what he used to be. Complacency or complete lack of motivation, if he's getting a raise from what he gets now, I want no piece of that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Not giving this team or management a free pass as this year was/is/has been beyond frustrating and change is needed and I`m sure will come but I will say this. The previous, almost 2 decades of Bruin hockey didn`t have me have as engaged as this group did during the best of times under Chia and Claude, and no matter what happens moving forward, I was pretty darned spoiled over the last, almost decade, can`t say I ever felt that way since I discovered this was the team I was going to root for

Always felt this teams ownership/management were always far more interested in doing just enough to make the post season and not much more, and I felt far too often they tried to pass off a minute steak as filet mignon, didn`t work, this team was irrelevant before Chia jumped on board for years and now, well now the time seems to have come for a new direction and I`m "ok" with it, won`t know what the future will bring

Only guarantee I have is whomever is in the GM`s/Coaches chair, will be on the hunted list in no time here unless they can bring the bar to the level it once was for as poor as this season has been, a standard has been set, it`ll be interesting and difficult for the next group to get it back

I've been a die-hard for 25 years now, and like yourself it was the Claude/Chia era that I was the most engaged and interested in this team. Part of that is being able to see more games thanks to the internet and center ice. But a lot of that is this group of players and management and the fun ride it has been. Game 6 in 2008 vs. the Habs and the incredible come-back that revived Bruin hockey seems like just yesterday. If the run is over for this group and management so be it. 8 years is a life-time in sports. We have been spoiled no doubt about it. Should be very interesting to see what happens moving forward.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

If David Krejci is going to be our 3rd line center, we need to trade him ASAP. I give him a pass for his injuries, but color me unimpressed with his efforts pre-injury.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If David Krejci is going to be our 3rd line center, we need to trade him ASAP. I give him a pass for his injuries, but color me unimpressed with his efforts pre-injury.

I agree, i'd put him back with Lucic but I just kept Spooner there. Maybe swap Spooner to the 3rd so we have a speedy ass third line.

I don't even know.

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
That would be appropriate, wouldn't it? Sign another guy on a contract year and overpay.

Lucic, total package, with his deficiencies subtracted shouldn't be given a raise. If he plays well next year to get a contract, trade him, because you know, after he gets that guaranteed money, who is to say he's going to put that type of effort in again. Lucic is a fraction of what he used to be. Complacency or complete lack of motivation, if he's getting a raise from what he gets now, I want no piece of that.

Im not saying he will resign with us im just saying that he will be playing to prove what hes worth so why not have it be on the Bruins? If he still sucks you trade him and if he plays like he used to then you let him walk as a FA if he dont wanna take a pay cut or the same cap hit as now..

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

I'm surprised you aren't on the Downie train. He'll be a cheap UFA. 14 goals this year, 236 PIMS, plays a Bruins styled game. I'd kill to have him wear the B.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014

This is exactly what I was saying as well. You don't necessarily need 3-4 elite players, but you do need an elite set of skills all around.

Using the Rangers as an example:

Kreider, Hagelin, Zuccarello - speed
Nash - Sniper
Hayes - big body that can skate

Their combined skill set compliments Brassard, Stepan well, who are certainly not elite, so it works.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Well said.

We moved to the US in 1970, so as a young boy I saw some pretty amazing stuff. However, outside of that brief window and the magical ride that was the power outage finals with Edmonton in the old Gahden, I couldn't agree more.

The subsequent years where Sinden and Jacobs bled the team of additional Cups were brutal. Name me a team that wouldn't go "all in" when it had two HHOF players in their prime and I'll show you Jeremy Jacobs and his puppet. Imagine having the game's quintessential power forward and stud offensive/defensive #1 Dman and not going for it.:shakehead

So once Jacobs realized the fans would finally leave him and he had to pony up he forced the salary cap era. Once we decided at last to at least compete on an even spending level we got Chia and CJ who turned the tide in Boston. So regardless of how it plays out -- thanks Chia and CJ -- you did us well.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
The one and only untouchable should be Bergeron (heart and soul of this franchise), everyone else is fair game.
The next stage of "close to being untouchable" consists of this small group: Hamilton and Pastrnak + maybe Rask

My biggest needs would be a top winger and top 4 defensemen. Like Lucic + Subban + X for Hall and Krejci+ for Smith.
Would also entertain some interesting proposals for Chara. Some team in immediat cup contention (Anaheim? ; St. Louis?)

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Stays:

Bergy, Marchand, Krecji Lucic, Pasta, Spooner, Connelly, Hamilton, Krug, Mcquiad...

Don't care about the rest.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Man this is bad. This team is two years away from a SC final and one year from the presidents trophy. I think everyone clamoring for big changes are crazy. I guess this season was a huge disappointment, but we knew it was gonna be rough after the Boychuk trade. Dealt with a ton of injuries and a ton of turnover.

My plan. For starters chia has to go. Can't trade Boychuk, Seguin, and gamble on Iginla and get away with it. The forward group is fine assuming health. Would love to move Kelly, but realistically no one going to take him. We can get rid of him, Soda may come back.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Lucic-Krejci-Connolley
Smith-Spooner-Eriksson
Talbot-Kelly/Soda-whomever

Defense is obviously where the changes need to occur. No one realistically is going to take Chara or Seids. We need a 4th defenseman desperately. Trade subban, pick, whatever prospects to get somebody legit. I know I'll get plenty of hate but gotta let McQuaid walk unless he comes back for cheap. He's played great this year but I think the track record is more indicative of what we'll get in a long term deal.

Chara-Hamilton
Seids-trade
Krug-miller
Morrow-trotman

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Marchand - Bergeron - X
Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Lucic - Spooner - Pastrnak
Talbot - Kelly - Ferlin

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - X
Krug - McQuaid
Miller

Rask
X

Out:

Smith
Bartkowski
Campbell
Paille
Svedberg
Soderberg

If Chara and Seidenberg come relatively close to their normal standard of play after a full offseason (Chara is definitely playing injured), they sign a solid backup for Rask to get him some rest during the season, they obtain a right handed shot to play with Bergeron (Coyle, perhaps?), and one top four defensemen, they will be in a great position to rebound in a major way next year.

There are several hurdles to pass this summer, namely moving on from Chiapet and Clode's fribble friends, trading Savard for cap space, trading Smith after just re-signing him, etc, but if they can manage to make the smart moves, they're in a great position for next year.

But then again I'm talking about the Bruins and none of what I just said will likely happen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
XXXX - Krejci - Connolly
Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson
Lucic - Spooner - Pastrnak
XXXX - XXXX - Ferlin

Extra Forward: Talbot

Chara - XXXX
Krug - Hamilton
Morrow - Trotman
XXXX - Miller

Rask
XXXX

Get a proven goal scorer for Krejci's LW. JVR, Hall, etc.

A proven right-shot D-man with decent wheels to play with Chara. Burns would be ideal. Don't want to see Chara with Hamilton anymore.

A young left-shot D-man to push Morrow. I would like to see the B's carry 8 D-men, 4 rights and 4 lefts. Let Trotman and Miller battle it out on the other side. Don't let the young D get comfortable.

Two cheap young forwards with good wheels and hopefully some physicality to their game to form an energetic 4th line with Ferlin. If I could clone Ferlin and have his clone play the LW spot I would. But that's what they need on the 4th, big book-end power wingers to bring the physical game.

And a capable back-up. There are quite a few available in UFA. Don't need to spend big dollars, but someone capable for 1.0 -1.5 mil who can spell Rask in back-2-backs and play anywhere between 20-25 games. Going cheap (i.e league minium) isn't an option anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad