Proposal: Who stays, Who goes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Stay... Bergy Eriksson(if signed at 5 mill or lower) Morrow Hamilton Miller Spooner Pastranak Ferlin

Goes... Everyone else...

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Fire the coach and give 20 games to evaluate players in a normal and 2015 system and after make changes, but before everything
Campbell, paille, seids, kelly out out out
Draft well , like 2014

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Fire the coach and give 20 games to evaluate players in a normal and 2015 system and after make changes, but before everything
Campbell, paille, seids, kelly out out out
Draft well , like 2014

This.Would rather see Chara gone than Seids ,but one of them has to go. Bart has to go as well. Would hope PC sticks around ,but CJ has to go

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bergy, Dougie,Loui,Spooner and Pasta are the only keepers for me

Rask- very good Goalie, can't bring it when it matters most, can't beat Habs. If the return is right let him go. I just don't see this guy winning it all.

Chara - Even if his decline is due to injury, he's not going to be better after surgery, he, like Sieds, will need a rebuilding year and by then he's just to old. Truth be told, he
was just as bad before his injury so how we can expect the old Chara I am not sure. Trade for what ever you can get, even if it's futures that never come.

Sieds - while he has been playing better the last little while, it's just not good enough and he will be getting older . Get what you can, while you can.

Kelly - Dump as soon as you can for whatever, even if you have to add a late draft pick.

Krejci,Lucic,Marchand,Smith,Talbot all tradeable for the right return.

Paille,Campbell,Bart,Svedberg can all walk.

Connelly can stay or be a throw in. Down the road this guy is going to be another Smith not good enough for second and to expensive for a 3rd liner. If you can get something decent for him, trade.

Soda - if he can be signed for a fair deal otherwise let him walk.

McQuaid - should be retained unless he wants something he just hasn't earned. I'd like to keep this guy, love this player.

Tory Krug - I'm on the fence about this guy. There is no doubt that he is an important piece of the offence but he's not very strong in the d-zone .He gives me the impression he's going to be looking for a lot of money going forward. I may be wrong here, but if that's the case. I would rather not pay big for a one dimensional d-man.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
This ::nod :Would rather see Chara gone than Seids ,but one of them has to go. Bart has to go as well. Would hope PC sticks around ,but CJ has to go

I agree with you, it is time to turn page on chara but only bruins get something good, a young prospect or first round draft pick, i liked seids a lot but he is done

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I agree with you, it is time to turn page on chara but only bruins get something good, a young prospect or first round draft pick, i liked seids a lot but he is done

Think Chara in the 2nd pairing. Maybe paired with Seidenberg. The problem is how to get it done.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
What type of player is McQuaid and what is he worth as a ufa

EDM needs a right shot dman with size and can shut down the other team

Should EDM go after him as a ufa

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I don't know, lots of conflicted thoughts...

Too many bad decisions and moves not made recently for me to be excited about PC coming back, but I think they'd be fools to let Julien go. Maybe Sweeney would be a good option, he could put his stamp on the team personnel wise but not necessarily blow up the whole thing.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I also think people need to be careful about valuing and judging these players on small samples. There's definitely a shiny new toy feel with all these suggested player moves. Remember last year when folks were saying Reilly Smith was the best thing that can out of the Seguin trade? Now he's hot garbage and Connolly is getting his tires pumped and being penciled into the top6.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
There are only 4 players I would keep FOR SURE...

1) Rask

2) Bergeron

3) Hamilton

4) Pastrnak

Reasons:

Rask - probably the soundest, most skilled goalie in the world. Not clutch yet is his biggest weakness...I like that he gets mad, but I guess for most, goalies should be calmer.

Bergeron - he is clutch and his all around game is one of the best in the world.

Hamilton - trending upwards quickly. Still so so young. Already getting a ton of points on D. Just needs to up the snarl.

Pastrnak - just love his game. He actually back-checks although he is not PERFECT defensively yet. Has a very creative mind and lots of skill. At 18, imagine him at 21!

Guys I have strong love for, but for the right deal - see ya!...

Lucic
Marchand
Krejci - actually my favorite player
Krug
McQuaid

Guys who really HAVE TO GO:

Chara
Bartkowski
Campbell
Svedberg

Guys I am indifferent to:

Spooner
Eriksson
Soderberg
Smith
Connolly
Paille
Kelly
Miller

I think the Bs could get "something" for the "rights" to Soderberg.

I think they could get some nice returns for Bartkowski, Spooner, Eriksson.

I think they need a solid veteran backup who could play 24 games and give Rask more rest.

I think we need a big crunching defensemen and a sniper winger.

In a perfect world:

Lucic - Krejci - SNIPER
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
ROOKIE - Spooner - Pastrnak
Paille - Kelly - Talbot

Hamilton - Seidenberg
STUD - Krug
McQuaid -
Miller

Rask
VETERAN

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Broken record here. Keep Bergeron, Rask, Hamilton, Krug, Spooner, Pastrnak, DK, Marchand.

Everyone else is on the table, including Z, Milan, and Subban.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I also think people need to be careful about valuing and judging these players on small samples. There's definitely a shiny new toy feel with all these suggested player moves. Remember last year when folks were saying Reilly Smith was the best thing that can out of the Seguin trade? Now he's hot garbage and Connolly is getting his tires pumped and being penciled into the top6.

Things soured for me after the 1st game. He is running around maybe trying too hard.

The whole team is playing half dazed.

We should let Smith be. I think this board wants 9 forwards playing like they are on the 1st line.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
2015 Offseason Thread

So, now that it pretty much official with Pittsburgh winning.

My opinion:
Claude and Chia both have to go. Period. Nothing will change if they are still here.

And everyone but Bergeron, Krejci, Hamilton, Pastrnak, Spooner and Rask can go.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
i think trading rask should be a strong consideration . He will bring back a very strong return and he has proven he cannot make a stop when we need him to . I understand every goalie lets in softies but they dont get paid 7 mil per . he won the vezina because of the team surrounding him i mean Johnson had something like 17 - 4 2.10gaa and .925 sv on this team that year . Dropping 7 mil from the payroll and getting a great return will steer this team in right direction imo

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Let Walk:

Paille
Campbell
Soderberg
Bartkowski
Svedberg

I'd try to bring McQuaid back, but it will be tight.

I'd look at moving one or more of:
Rask
Krejci
Eriksson

I'd rather not move:
Marchand
Lucic
Krug

I don't think you're going to be able to move Seidenberg or Kelly without taking back someone else's trash in return. May have to live with Kelly as your 4th line center next year.

I think Chara is all but cooked at this point.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Let Walk:

Paille
Campbell
Soderberg
Bartkowski
Svedberg

I'd try to bring McQuaid back, but it will be tight.

I'd look at moving one or more of:
Rask
Krejci
Eriksson
Smith

I'd rather not move:
Marchand
Lucic
Krug

I don't think you're going to be able to move Seidenberg or Kelly without taking back someone else's trash in return. May have to live with Kelly as your 4th line center next year.

I think Chara is all but cooked at this point.

I agree with this. But I think Chara will be better next season though, he was clearly playing in pain. Grimacing every time he had to go for a skate. Tuukka stays.

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
()-Krejci-()
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Talbot-Kelly-()

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-()
Morrow-McQuaid (Please PLEASE re-sign Quaider)
Miller

Rask
()

I want to acquire players that play uptempo, physical, Boston Bruins identity hockey. This year, was Dave Lewis soft. And guess what? It didn't work. The Bruins tonight, even for a short minute were hitting everything in sight, and they we're playing really good hockey.

Sign Steve Downie for the 4th line. Will be a cheap UFA, 14 goals, 238 PIMS.

Will Loui Eriksson be a Boston Bruin next season?

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
Bergeron should be the only Untouchable, but besides him those whom I would be least willing to move are:
Marchand, Pasternak, Spooner, Hamilton, Krug, McQuaid, Rask.

Everybody else, including the AHLers & draft picks, should have a For Sale sign placed above their lockers.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
To me, realistically...

Lucic -Krejci - XXX
Marchand - Bergeron - XXX
XXX - Spooner - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

Chara - Hamilton
Seids - XXX
Krug - XXX

Rask
XXX

Those are the near guaranteed positions next year. Not 100% on Seids, but truly think they keep him. Some people want Chara traded, but highly doubt that happens in the off-season too.

Connelly and Pasta fill out 2 of the XXX's, also guaranteed.

Eriksson and Smith, potentially fill out the next 2 top 9 XXX's. But this off-season, I'd be looking for new options if possible. Altho, Eriksson>Smith for now. Altho, I wouldn't give away Smith. He gets another year to get his **** together before would trade him for little.

Campbell, Paille, Svedberg and Bart can walk. Soderberg too, but if he offers to stay at a welcoming hometown discount, may not be able to resist.

Kelly, traded or bought out. I would suck it up and buy him out if no one truly wanted him.

Try and resign, McQuaid. If he doesn't come fairly cheap, use Miller as his replacement. If does sign, Miller as the #7. And no matter what, like the Bruins to try and bring in a top 4 defenceman. #1 priority. Get another defenceman, Miller picks it up, Tortman/Morrow making a push, Seids would then be the odd man out. Maybe Chara too, depending how the season moves along.

Also, need to find a competent backup goaltender. Rask needs to play 60 games, not 70.

That would be my game plan going into next season.

Would also get rid of Claude. Guy did well overall as a coach here, and once he's gone, will mostly remember the success he achieved here. Just time to move along, coming of a new era.

Defence being the biggest obstacle, but this team can still compete for years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad