Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Cold Steel on Ice

Feb 12, 2020
Cole Beaudin a big 6’2” 209 centre but most likely a wing in the nhl.Has skills but not a great skater.While speed is nice someone to crash the net and be a force on the forecheck with physicality is also a team need.Maybe a choice for the second round.Apparently a weight room beast so after the combine he may be moving up.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I'm getting myself mentally prepared for the disappointment.

I recommend everyone else follow suit.
Don't be sad Musty !!!!! Here I am and here I'll stay, in CHICAGO I will play . Dry your tear's , save your Jeer's the Stanley Cup will soon be here !

Attachments

• ivan-demidov-2024-5033.jpg
    ivan-demidov-2024-5033.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Too bad about Saad sort of fizzling out. He’s had a long NHL career but he could never take that next step offensively. I thought he was going to fill in for Hossa’s absence, being more of a 70pt two way monster than a 50 pt middle sixer
I have a signed #43 rookie jersey I overpaid for and literally gave away. Can't tell you how salty I am about it

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Was there any insight/catharsis on whatever the f*** happened to Michkov's father? Remembering the conspiracy about it all just now

Reactions: Geoist

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The board favourite seems to be Demidov...but after watching g the playoffs abd the physicality needed in proper structure of a Cup contender seeing Florida pounds NYRxand win the puck battles you realize Hawks NEED physicality else the jackrabbits like Bedard,Nazar,Moore ,Lardis and Kantserov will get physically overeat he'd and lose the pick battles and get pushed aroundxand pounded.

So it is clear to me that best fits to solve this are:
@#2 Cayden Lindstrom C
@#20 Yegor Surin LS RW but has tools to play C
@# 34 Stian SolbergLD
This is who Hawks SHOULD draft but tgere is a view that KD may gp RD with Levshunov at#2
If he does that and if C Michael Hage is still there at #20 he may go with hom instead of a winger.

Now..both Lindstrom and Levshunov are goid choices for the Hawks...filling needs ina future core..but we cannot get both of them.

Levshunov may turn out as a solid core dman but yet might not have the highest ceiling of the RD...Parekh or Yakemchuk coukd have higher ceilings...butvthecall round game of Levshunov has a higher floor...

The problem is..if you think Levshunov has a 1st pairing floor ,IN The Hawks case ,he is blocked from that role for 6 more seasons by the $9.5contract of Seth Jones.

You coukd unblock this impediment for Levshunov takibg a top #1ROLE ONd by either trading Jones(he would have to waive NMC and unlikely Hawks woukd retain with 5 seasons remaining once Levshunov arrives after 1 more development season at Michigan State...so tgere Will be a blockage.

This if you put admit Levshunov will play at leastc5 seasons as ONLY a 2RD ...after we trade Murphy...then woukd y ou risk a #2 overall on just a 2RD for that long...I do not think anybody thinks Levshunov will ascension dominant NHK impact 2 way dman like Hedman. Even IF he eventually get Hawjs #1Dman role.

So given this particular Hawks situation the 2 RD (for at least seasons starting gv2025/26 season is trumped by the Need for a Big physically dominant 2C to balance off the top 2 lines considering the small skill #1C "scoring" C is Bedard.

You think how 6'4 216 (Already) Lindstrom who dominates in juniors already (would project to a 98 point regular season in draft year had he played all games and not missed half a season with a wrist injury...you project how even stronger and more powerful he will get by his early 20s and into his prime years ,and you think he is a unicorn combination of size power speed and physicality plus,a nasty edgevinhis game..Hiw thisvis essential to any playoff success..and how you do notvget such a prize later in drafts..it screams to take hin On the Hawks situation rather than hope yiuvfetcanotger chance combination at Center in future drafts.

Haws SHOULD draft Lindstrom even if Denidov (who makes no sense given Hawks undersized plethora ofsmalk skilled forwards ( is BOA on sone lists or if Levshunov is a RD needxasxa Nurohy upgrade...

THE HAWKS logically in their situation SHUKD draft Lindstrom both for a regukarcseason 2C solution and for any future playoff run to a Cup.

In this year's draft case GREATEST NEED case trumps any BPA nonsense when there is no guarantee that either Demidov or Levshunov will turn out as the top winger or RD from thisxdraft class.

OK logically Hawjs should draft Lindstrom..butcwill they?

Actualky I do not trust KD..he will either be seduced by ANOTHER showey undersized forward or buy tge mantra thatxa potential #1 D is always more valuable than a 2C...

IF Levshunov becomes a top 5 1D in the NHL 7 seasons in future maybe ...maybe you win the argument.. but thatvisxa he'll ofcavkobg wait for hin to assume such heights..
We are stuck with $9.5 as our 1D and nobody will be paid more than him until either 6 more seasons have passed and he is gone,unless you can move him earlier(maybe he waives his NMC with 2 seasibs remaining..but by then Hawks may have cao problems again making any retaliation in tradibg hom unlikely..
So imagine Levshunov blocked fromaspuribg to #1D money for 6 seaons after he signs his ELC in
2025...he will be demoralized ..And this risks a very unhappy camper..
If by the end or before his ELC ends Lindstrom proves his value at 2C impacting like Toews or a Barkov did before they got big raises in 2nd contracts (Toews and Kane on 2 separate top 2 lines...you could Toews was a 2C even though he played like a #1 2 way C) then Paying Lindstrom big $$$ will not be a problem ...if he proves that essential,Hawks gladly will pay hom .

However no way are the Hawks paying Levshunov on his 2nd contract more than Seth Jones who will have 3 more seasons remaining on his contract then..

No way would they pay Demidov more than Bedard on Demidov"s 2nd contract ..his would mean you betvon 2 ubdersizedxsjilked forwatds to carry you though very grueling physical playoffs relying farclessrr paid complementary physical supoirt of 3rdcandc4th liner cheapest.

I cannot buy that logic.

No ..the obvious logic is to take Lindstrom who is going top 5 anyway to sone team who adds tgat combo of size physicality speed and scoring and nasty ..If you bypass that you are nuts.

Is KD nuts..I sure hope not ...but probably he makes the same Stanbo mistakes...notca mistake in terms of busts..but a mistake in opportunity cost to get the brst fit for strutting a contender lineup rather than a "for show" lineup or a lineup linked to some nebulous BPA list in what really is still a crap shoot of a draft.

You beat the crapshoot among close player "value" by taking the Size and Physicality in combination with scoring ability vs. Just highlight reel show guys..

We got one of those already in Brdard..We do not need another..We need to Balance Bedard with more size around hom or on thec2nd line to win more puck battles and be a force at the net on PPs..

I hope KD understands this and is not seduced by any BPA lists...there is no PPA guarantee...so I would bet on Size and Physicality if ranking from 2-5 reasonably close..

I have made a case for Lindstrom...the 1 caveat is how has his wrist healed...if Hawks doctors do not give him a full recovery report then and only then would I take another guy..

Reactions: kp61c

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
The board favourite seems to be Demidov...but after watching g the playoffs abd the physicality needed in proper structure of a Cup contender seeing Florida pounds NYRxand win the puck battles you realize Hawks NEED physicality else the jackrabbits like Bedard,Nazar,Moore ,Lardis and Kantserov will get physically overeat he'd and lose the pick battles and get pushed aroundxand pounded.

So it is clear to me that best fits to solve this are:
@#2 Cayden Lindstrom C
@#20 Yegor Surin LS RW but has tools to play C
@# 34 Stian SolbergLD
This is who Hawks SHOULD draft but tgere is a view that KD may gp RD with Levshunov at#2
If he does that and if C Michael Hage is still there at #20 he may go with hom instead of a winger.

Now..both Lindstrom and Levshunov are goid choices for the Hawks...filling needs ina future core..but we cannot get both of them.

Levshunov may turn out as a solid core dman but yet might not have the highest ceiling of the RD...Parekh or Yakemchuk coukd have higher ceilings...butvthecall round game of Levshunov has a higher floor...

The problem is..if you think Levshunov has a 1st pairing floor ,IN The Hawks case ,he is blocked from that role for 6 more seasons by the $9.5contract of Seth Jones.

You coukd unblock this impediment for Levshunov takibg a top #1ROLE ONd by either trading Jones(he would have to waive NMC and unlikely Hawks woukd retain with 5 seasons remaining once Levshunov arrives after 1 more development season at Michigan State...so tgere Will be a blockage.

This if you put admit Levshunov will play at leastc5 seasons as ONLY a 2RD ...after we trade Murphy...then woukd y ou risk a #2 overall on just a 2RD for that long...I do not think anybody thinks Levshunov will ascension dominant NHK impact 2 way dman like Hedman. Even IF he eventually get Hawjs #1Dman role.

So given this particular Hawks situation the 2 RD (for at least seasons starting gv2025/26 season is trumped by the Need for a Big physically dominant 2C to balance off the top 2 lines considering the small skill #1C "scoring" C is Bedard.

You think how 6'4 216 (Already) Lindstrom who dominates in juniors already (would project to a 98 point regular season in draft year had he played all games and not missed half a season with a wrist injury...you project how even stronger and more powerful he will get by his early 20s and into his prime years ,and you think he is a unicorn combination of size power speed and physicality plus,a nasty edgevinhis game..Hiw thisvis essential to any playoff success..and how you do notvget such a prize later in drafts..it screams to take hin On the Hawks situation rather than hope yiuvfetcanotger chance combination at Center in future drafts.

Haws SHOULD draft Lindstrom even if Denidov (who makes no sense given Hawks undersized plethora ofsmalk skilled forwards ( is BOA on sone lists or if Levshunov is a RD needxasxa Nurohy upgrade...

THE HAWKS logically in their situation SHUKD draft Lindstrom both for a regukarcseason 2C solution and for any future playoff run to a Cup.

In this year's draft case GREATEST NEED case trumps any BPA nonsense when there is no guarantee that either Demidov or Levshunov will turn out as the top winger or RD from thisxdraft class.

OK logically Hawjs should draft Lindstrom..butcwill they?

Actualky I do not trust KD..he will either be seduced by ANOTHER showey undersized forward or buy tge mantra thatxa potential #1 D is always more valuable than a 2C...

IF Levshunov becomes a top 5 1D in the NHL 7 seasons in future maybe ...maybe you win the argument.. but thatvisxa he'll ofcavkobg wait for hin to assume such heights..
We are stuck with $9.5 as our 1D and nobody will be paid more than him until either 6 more seasons have passed and he is gone,unless you can move him earlier(maybe he waives his NMC with 2 seasibs remaining..but by then Hawks may have cao problems again making any retaliation in tradibg hom unlikely..
So imagine Levshunov blocked fromaspuribg to #1D money for 6 seaons after he signs his ELC in
2025...he will be demoralized ..And this risks a very unhappy camper..
If by the end or before his ELC ends Lindstrom proves his value at 2C impacting like Toews or a Barkov did before they got big raises in 2nd contracts (Toews and Kane on 2 separate top 2 lines...you could Toews was a 2C even though he played like a #1 2 way C) then Paying Lindstrom big $$$ will not be a problem ...if he proves that essential,Hawks gladly will pay hom .

However no way are the Hawks paying Levshunov on his 2nd contract more than Seth Jones who will have 3 more seasons remaining on his contract then..

No way would they pay Demidov more than Bedard on Demidov"s 2nd contract ..his would mean you betvon 2 ubdersizedxsjilked forwatds to carry you though very grueling physical playoffs relying farclessrr paid complementary physical supoirt of 3rdcandc4th liner cheapest.

I cannot buy that logic.

No ..the obvious logic is to take Lindstrom who is going top 5 anyway to sone team who adds tgat combo of size physicality speed and scoring and nasty ..If you bypass that you are nuts.

Is KD nuts..I sure hope not ...but probably he makes the same Stanbo mistakes...notca mistake in terms of busts..but a mistake in opportunity cost to get the brst fit for strutting a contender lineup rather than a "for show" lineup or a lineup linked to some nebulous BPA list in what really is still a crap shoot of a draft.

You beat the crapshoot among close player "value" by taking the Size and Physicality in combination with scoring ability vs. Just highlight reel show guys..

We got one of those already in Brdard..We do not need another..We need to Balance Bedard with more size around hom or on thec2nd line to win more puck battles and be a force at the net on PPs..

I hope KD understands this and is not seduced by any BPA lists...there is no PPA guarantee...so I would bet on Size and Physicality if ranking from 2-5 reasonably close..

I have made a case for Lindstrom...the 1 caveat is how has his wrist healed...if Hawks doctors do not give him a full recovery report then and only then would I take another guy..
Good argument, I would also love Lindstrom's pick. But Bedard doesn't need size but skill players to enhance his advantages. There's no rush yet, the size will be in place when the Hawks become a playoff team.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I'm still picking Demidov at 2. There's no reason not to. The whole "Russian factor" is just North American propaganda. Name me 1 high profile Russian that Russia didn't let come over seas in the last 30 years. We live in 2024 not 1984.
Careful BHFan will cherry pick an argument to try and prove you wrong lol

Reactions: Mrfenn92

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I’m off Levshunov.
Nah. I meant I know exactly how good the Big Ten is. We can see him shut down Michigan with our eyes. Who do the Hawks have scouting in Russia these days? Mike Smith still? I would need some serious institutional knowledge about what’s going on over there to override the concerns. Maybe we have that guy over there who can drill down on the MhL.
What serious institutional knowledge have you unearthed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad