Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
This team has so many holes you need all the picks you can get. SJ is doing a better rebuilding job than us.
Oh really?

picks in rounds 1 and 2 in 2023

San Jose: 3

Chicago: 5

San Jose: 1

Chicago: 2 (thank you Seth)

But now let’s look at upcoming years

San Jose: 4

Chicago: 4

San Jose: 2

Chicago: 4

Saying San Jose has done better is pure clown posting

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
The problem I have with Levshunov is he doesn't fill the need for a power play defenseman. I have heavy doubts he becomes a PP #1 guy and I don't think we have one of those in our system

Korchinski's going to be the PP1 D for this team, unless someone comes along and supplants him. All the PP1 D has to do for the next decade is get the puck to Bedard. Korchinski is a good playmaker from the point, he'll be able to do that just fine.

Reactions: Muffinalt

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I don’t care if you think Demidov is half a tier better than Levshunov. Levshunov is here. He is good to great. He has no injury. He has the size we covet. And:
Vlasic levshunov
Korchinski Jones/Rinzel

I think I'm leaning this way too at the moment honestly. The idea of getting a RHD with size, that can defend and has some offense in his game (especially in transition) is pretty enticing. The fact that he was excellent as a freshman in the Big-10 helps too.

It's also just easier to find top-6 talent than it is to find top-pairing D, especially RHD. Toronto has literally floundered in the Matthews era bc of their inability to find Reilly a competent, RHD partner.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
let re-phrase what top Russian player (top15) has come over in last 2 years while their country is in active War?
Not sure why the Top 15 matters in reference to the war. Fedotov allegedly forged documents and got banished to Sibera and he's still playing for the Flyers right now. The Russia thing is a non-factor. The valid question on Demidov is MHL quality and just how good is that league.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
He was stuck in the MHL because he supposedly told them that he wouldn’t resign. When he did play a few games in the KHL, he averaged like 3 minutes per game. How is he going to do anything with such little ice time?
No coincidence Kantserov signed a extension and he immediately became a top line winger on his galgarin cup winning team

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
let re-phrase what top Russian player (top15) has come over in last 2 years while their country is in active War?
So you conveniently flip the argument and limit it to only the top 15 in order to exclude first round guys like Mirishenko, Svechkov, and Chayka who did come to North America

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Funny Lev was allowed to come over and play collegiate hockey when Belarus has the same embargo’s, etc. Russia has being their supporter in the war.

I trust the Hawks staff to cover the bases better than HF posters.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Not sure why the Top 15 matters in reference to the war. Fedotov allegedly forged documents and got banished to Sibera and he's still playing for the Flyers right now. The Russia thing is a non-factor. The valid question on Demidov is MHL quality and just how good is that league.
He knew what he was doing by adding that top 15 as there were no players picked in the top 15 that played in Russia for 2022, and obviously Simashev, Michkov, and But are playing in Russia still.

Just arguing dishonestly in order to be right

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
This kid would be so slick at Bedard's wing. Too bad his development couild be stunted again in the MHL. I don't think the injury is much of an issue if no surgery is involved. I think it's down to him, MSU right handed shooting D man and Lindstrom depending on top need and health.....they all seem to be competitive.

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
The valid question on Demidov is MHL quality and just how good is that league.

Sure but he has been playing there for two seasons now and playing against two or three years older players. 71 games and 122 points in regular season and 41 points in 27 playoff games in that period. He has produced there better than Michkov did. Not saying that he is better or will be than Michkov but just saying. This kid is special.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
. He can dangle through MHL level talent...but can a dangler succeed in the NHL agaibst that level of opponent.
.5'11 180 is not a big winger..Nothing g agaibst small talented wingers ...eg. Kucherov,Oanarin etc..but Demidov does not have tgeir straight line speed..

Is he just a dangler (Martin Havlat) ?

But tge ceiling for Havkat never reached elite stratosphere agaibst NHL completion..

So methinks tge Demidov hype may be a risky proposition and I do not think Hawks can bet on him becoming a top level elite talent at the NHL level.

To his credit though he does compete and does play in alk zones...so not just a 1-way offebsive forward.

But I an not sure he hits his top ceiling that so many seem to say about his potentential..I am just not certain it translates to the NHL.

Cayden Lindstrom may not have Demidov's celi g..but he does not need to to impact the Hawks for success.

Bedard is special but nobody i their right minds will disagree that Bedard leaves a lot lacking defensively and in strength battles agaibst big tough NHL structured teams..

Hawks need oiler and size and heavy edge style to counter thise teams.. And to succeed in playoffs.

Therefore if it is me for tge Hawks structure and needs at 2C ,Lindstrom is the better fit.

If we want a winger to dig pucks and win board battlescto get pucks to Bedard and to finish off Bedard passes then Tij Iginla makes the best sense...not a dangler like Demidov ...

If we already had a Big C a power C like Lindstrom then you could argue Demidov would be ok for his winger.

But Brdatd+Demidov is too smalk a kine ..

You have to use logic.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
So you conveniently flip the argument and limit it to only the top 15 in order to exclude first round guys like Mirishenko, Svechkov, and Chayka who did come to North America
I flipped it to top 15 as to include Michkov..not lesser known guys like you listed

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I flipped it to top 15 as to include Michkov..not lesser known guys like you listed
So your argument to prove the Russian factor is real is to include a guy picked last year who we both knew was signed and wouldn’t have come over this year.

Then calling 3 players I listed who were high drafted Russians in the KHL, two of which conveniently going 19 and 20 just outside your top 15 range.

You are not arguing in good faith and it’s clear as day

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
For me Buium is going to be the best player of this draft. So I’m happy to draft him @ 2 overall, yet I hope KD plays up draft rankings and other team views and trades down and acquires more assets, while still nabbing buium.
To me he has all the physical attributes( skating, skills, not big but solid and strong) combined with a high hockey IQ. He’s very cal markar(esque).
Also he has the ability to adjust and elevate his game against stiffer competition and big Game moments.
Not to mention , he’s just winner at every level he’s played , and a leader amongst winners.
I try to trade down a bit for more assets while still getting him , but if not I take him at 2 , I’d take him at 1 actually
100% agree. He is solidly my #2 best player...next version of Quinn Hughes

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
So your argument to prove the Russian factor is real is to include a guy picked last year who we both knew was signed and wouldn’t have come over this year.

Then calling 3 players I listed who were high drafted Russians in the KHL, two of which conveniently going 19 and 20 just outside your top 15 range.

You are not arguing in good faith and it’s clear as day
Good faith? If this was 3-4 yrs ago I wouldn't be saying the same thing as Russia wasn't in the hot war they are in now. What the hell don't you comprehend? The 3 guys you listed were not Michkov or Demidov..so ya I am talking about top Russian players who were/are rated as potential top 3 picks not lower tier guys like you mentioned.

• Haha
Reactions: Muffinalt

monkforasia

May 8, 2023
I like demidov, ok with lev especially since more supply of forwards at 20. Won't mind lev then artanmov. Then use 2nd round picks on high upside plays.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Honestly, after thinking about it, I'd almost be disappointed if the Hawks go away from Demidov. He's my clear #2 oa with Buium behind him. I just see Demidov as the future 100 point scorer that can make the Hawks a powerhouse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad