Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I say this without a shred of sarcasm. I am so pumped for 51 days of draft speculation. Getting Celebrini would have obviously been amazing but it’s going to be very cool reading up on all these prospects until late June.

Reactions: Auggie

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I 100% understand the Demidov appeal, chance to be an elite forward.

Butttt... going from a team construction point of view your top 4 forwards and all under 6'0... and the chance to get a legit #1 D seems like the right move?

That's a tough decision.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Butttt... going from a team construction point of view your top 4 forwards and all under 6'0... and the chance to get a legit #1 D seems like the right move?

That's a tough decision.
As of now bedard for sure. Nazar more then likely after that I’m not sure where the other two sub 6 foot top 6 guys are.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I voted Demidov but I’ll probably change my mind several times between now and the draft. Levshunovs ceiling is a 1RHD, big, physical, skates well, bomb of a shot and good passer.

I don’t know… you win with those kind of players in the playoffs.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I voted Demidov but would get ( and be totally fine) with Lev. I could see the reasoning both ways and we do need both. Having a projected #1 D would be harder to fill than a top line winger most likely.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas

That's a tough decision.
I got no problem if they went with Levshunov. If you want to add size to the top 6, you are probably waiting until next year when you have a chance to draft Porter Martone and sign Rantanen in FA

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Here he is a few months shy of his 18th birthday against the KHL.

Other highlight reels have him treating the MHL like a league of pylons. He's not so elite that the magic just carries over at a young age against adults. Or, to put it another way, he's no Bedard.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Every Russian kid plays in the MHL, other than the ones that came to North America as junior players, since it's the Russian junior league. With the CHL Import Ban of the last couple years, that's basically everyone, and Russian forwards typically have a better track record from staying in Russia than coming to the CHL. That includes Kucherov, Panarin, Kaprizov, Nichushkin. It is the main feeder into the KHL and VHL and just a stop on a Russian player's journey. Last season, the Hawks used a 2nd round pick on a player that played exclusively in the MHL in Roman Kantserov who by the end of the most recent season, was playing in a top six role in the Playoffs on the team that won the KHL Championship. Demidov can't really control how good or not good other players in the League are. As far as prospects go that have played in the MHL (it's a relatively new thing, as it began in 2009-10, prior to that players like Ovechkin and Malkin would play in the Russian 3rd division as youths, but had they been born less than a decade later, they would have also played in the MHL), he is considered amongst the best.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

Attachments

• IMG_2951.png
    IMG_2951.png
    282 KB · Views: 4

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

FWIW Powers has the Blackhawks taking Demidov here.

Also, re: any notion of the Sharks not taking Celebrini, Grier already came out and said they're taking him lol. Pretty funny after Davidson played coy so much last year
Probably reading into things too much but KD calling it a win to pick 2 probably means they think 1 and 2 are more 1a and 1b this year. And when he was asked to comment on how talented the defense group was I almost got the feeling like they're not going that direction so they don't care because he didn't mention names and was kind of just like yeah its a good group etc...They might've just wanted one of Celebrini or Demidov if the ceilings are comparable...again probably reading way too much into this, maybe pick 2 is a win because it removes the guessing game and they still address a need

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No, I mean Demidov didn't slide, he rose in recent rankings. I understood your post to mean that you were comparing Demidov to those other cases.
I meant from time of lottery to draft day, pretty sure both Podkolzin and Michkov were top 3 when the draft order came out, Podkolzin for sure because Hawks were picking 3rd that year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad