Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I don’t get the Demidov love. He’s like a travel team kid playing against house league kids. Talk about taking a risk. On top of that he’s not particularly fast and his predominant skating style is 10 and 2. That’s not going to work in the nhl unless you think he’s as talented as McDavid and Crosby.

Alex Vlasic skates a 10 to 2 style. It's unorthodox but it isn't a death sentence.

Reactions: Auggie and Mrfenn92

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
There probably exists a package that I would trade down for considering:

1. I love Catton and it's possible he'd be available.
2. The ultimate troll where we trade down for a haul and Demidov slips to us anyway.

That said, it'd take a huge offer and nothing I've seen proposed has been close.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I’d be stunned if it’s not Dedimov or Levshunov. Seems those two are in their own tier before a drop off for tier three

Reactions: belfour30

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Celebrini is the consensus NO. 1 pick but the Sharks could surpise us all and select Demidov who could also end up being a franchise player. Their defense and gosltending is a shambles so they will stay stay in the bottom three next year. Just something to think about.
Mike Grier on the broadcast literally said they were drafting Celebrini lol

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I don’t get the Demidov love. He’s like a travel team kid playing against house league kids. Talk about taking a risk. On top of that he’s not particularly fast and his predominant skating style is 10 and 2. That’s not going to work in the nhl unless you think he’s as talented as McDavid and Crosby.

It’s tough. I think we end up picking him but I’ve got concerns about his skating too. The 10-2 doesn’t bother me as much as his general heel skating. Goes into corners with wide legs and wants to play on his heels too much. He’s going to get bullied in the NHL doing that. It’s not a powerful way to skate and handle contact with less space.

Reactions: BHFAN92

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
After watching some of his playoff action, it's Demidov all the way for me. I think his upside is a legit 1st line winger, something I can't say about the other top forwards in this draft, outside of. Celebrini. With his skill level, I think he Bedard would be a very productive duo.

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Just for arguments sake, if Chicago does draft Demidov will he play for them next season or will we have to wait?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don’t care if you think Demidov is half a tier better than Levshunov. Levshunov is here. He is good to great. He has no injury. He has the size we covet. And:
Vlasic levshunov
Korchinski Jones/Rinzel

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
When was the last time an MHL player got drafted this high? We don’t even have WJC to compare apples to apples. How strong is the MHL really? He might be better than Levshunov. Might. But the risks, positional scarcity and Levshunovs skill tip it pretty clearly for me.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Celebrini is the consensus NO. 1 pick but the Sharks could surpise us all and select Demidov who could also end up being a franchise player. Their defense and gosltending is a shambles so they will stay stay in the bottom three next year. Just something to think about.

There is less than a 0% chance they don’t take Celebrini. Are you serious?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
What Russian that has been picked Top 5 hasn't come over?
All of them come over. I’m not worried about “the Russian factor”. I’m worried about how good the MHL is. No one has a clue how good that league is, judging by the dip in the KHL I would say it’s probably pretty significant

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
As has been said, there's no riskless player at 2 in this draft. Demidov's risk is that he played in a weak league and it's a fair concern. He also totally dominated at a pace many future NHL stars haven't sniffed in that league and vastly outperformed KHL regulars in the playoffs. Not many guys with his skill have his motor and I really think he'd be a fan favorite here. I don't question the talent at all and would be more worried about a stagnant development year if SKA dicks him around again than anything else.

If we want to be more risk averse I'm cool with Levshunov but he has plenty of warts himself even if I think he's going to be a monster when he hits his peak.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
When you look at best fits for the team, it'd be Levshunov (RHD), Lindstrom (Power Forward), and Iginla (Power Forward).

Though of course they'll go BPA, so need won't play a factor.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
When you get to NAN pkayoffs in thecNHL the dangers like Demidov and Bedard get handled and pushed off pucks and they cannot defend the big power intense grit of the Bigger NHL forwatds We already have too many small forwards..So no to Denidov..If sonevteam wants him that badly they will pay us a price to move down.

Lindstrom = Towes only bigger faster more powerful.. Big impact once he matures getting even more powerful.. Gottaxyake jom
.You do not getva crack at a top Big body C with power and skill and ax200ft game that often..We neddxa Big body top talent as a compliment to drunmlinec2 after Bedardxand his kinec2.
THAT iS S THE STRUCTURE YOU WABT...

We already havecsmall forwards if you need a skill giy on Brdatd's line...Nazar ,KANTSEROV...WE DO NOT NEED Demidov as much as a Power Sizey 2c like Toews or Barkov..You need somebody to dig pucks off the boards and play at the net..not another small dangler winger..

If you want a winger that better compliments Bedard to dog pucks out to him that is Iginla.
So to me the best forwards for our needs are Either Lindstrom at C or Iginla at winger ..not a dangler like Denidov.

You need to win the battles agaibst big strong tough NHL opps..notcamothercsmalk winger who gets pushed of pucks..The NHL is not the MHL junior league.

You can get skilled smaller wingers in round 2...eg.Kantserov or even better ...Kucherov..but your Toews and Barkov's are not there later.

Thus either Big powerful 2C (for CHI) Lindstrom ot get Iginla for Bedard's winger need.

I just do not see the FIT with Denidov.

Yes there is a FIT with Levshunov (obviously better than Connor Barfy manning the 2RD)...but given the $9.5 vontract nobody is removing Seth Jones (unfortunately ) from the #1RD..he is there forever.. or at least we will never win the Cup till he is gone many years yet from now so still tome to drFt a 1RD replacement layer in future drafts.

So to me fit the need at hand...either Big 2C or Iginla and the package of skill and grit he brings ..
It is obvious what KD must do ..

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
All of them come over. I’m not worried about “the Russian factor”. I’m worried about how good the MHL is. No one has a clue how good that league is, judging by the dip in the KHL I would say it’s probably pretty significant
You said "he's here" so seems like you were hinting at that.

I mean the MHL is a bad league no question.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You said "he's here" so seems like you were hinting at that.

I mean the MHL is a bad league no question.
Nah. I meant I know exactly how good the Big Ten is. We can see him shut down Michigan with our eyes. Who do the Hawks have scouting in Russia these days? Mike Smith still? I would need some serious institutional knowledge about what’s going on over there to override the concerns. Maybe we have that guy over there who can drill down on the MhL.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

FWIW Powers has the Blackhawks taking Demidov here.

Also, re: any notion of the Sharks not taking Celebrini, Grier already came out and said they're taking him lol. Pretty funny after Davidson played coy so much last year

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If they pick Levshunov, when could he be with the Hawks full time? I’m gonna assume one more year at Michigan State?
By the end of his college season

Are any of the forwards(aside from Celebrini) projected to go high likely to play in the NHL next year? Not that this should factor into the Hawks decision at all, I'm just curious.
Don’t think so

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Are any of the forwards(aside from Celebrini) projected to go high likely to play in the NHL next year? Not that this should factor into the Hawks decision at all, I'm just curious.
Not even a sure thing that Celebrini turns pro according to Wheeler. Might not be anyone jumping straight to the league from this draft outside of 9-gamers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad