Who should go into the 2025 HoF?

Who should go into the 2025 HoF?

• Total voters

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Probably none of these guys. Why would you not list the finalists from last year who didn't get in?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I added the 2024 modern-era finalists who didn't make the cut.
In that case I'll go with Holt, Gates, Wayne, Harrison and Jared Allen. I'd be fine with Kuechly, Yanda, Suggs or Earl Thomas going in but not sure any should as a first-time nominee. If Willis had to wait a few years because of having a shorter career then so should Kuechly.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
My votes, in rough order of deservedness:

Tier 1:
Antonio Gates
Adam Vinatieri

Tier 2:
Jared Allen
Terrell Suggs

Hall is gonna be mostly edge rushers and WR’s eventually.

Also… Lorenzo Alexander??

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
i really feel like Frederick should, but that disease he got really robbed him of his career.
An absolute elite center

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My votes, in rough order of deservedness:

Tier 1:
Antonio Gates
Adam Vinatieri

Tier 2:
Jared Allen
Terrell Suggs

Hall is gonna be mostly edge rushers and WR’s eventually.

Also… Lorenzo Alexander??
Agreed, except I take Kuechly over Alexander.

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
Agreed, except I take Kuechly over Alexander.

I guess I was unclear — I’m more surprised that Alexander was included in the ballot in the first place. Stalwart special teamer, sure, but not an HOF caliber player. Like most of those guys he belongs in his primary team’s HOF/Ring of Honor, but not Canton.

You are right about Kuechly though. Can’t imagine there are any guys who are 5x 1st-Team All Pro that aren’t in the HOF.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It's criminal that Torry Holt still hasn't been inducted.

I guess I was unclear — I’m more surprised that Alexander was included in the ballot in the first place. Stalwart special teamer, sure, but not an HOF caliber player. Like most of those guys he belongs in his primary team’s HOF/Ring of Honor, but not Canton.

You are right about Kuechly though. Can’t imagine there are any guys who are 5x 1st-Team All Pro that aren’t in the HOF.

FWIW Zach Thomas had to wait a decade and 4 years of being a finalist.

Reactions: Memento

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
It's criminal that Torry Holt still hasn't been inducted.

FWIW Zach Thomas had to wait a decade and 4 years of being a finalist.
That’s interesting, kind of surprising but if you look at the inductees between his retirement and 2023 induction, there were some really strong classes in there. Not sure if there’s anyone there that I would say definitely shouldn’t have gotten in before Thomas.

He certainly has a case over Bryant Young and Sam Mills, but it seems like the PFHOF prioritizes seniority more than the HHOF , and so it’s not unusual for those who aren’t clear cut 1st ballot guys to have to “wait their turn.”

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Honestly, as a Rams fan, Steven Jackson should be over a lot of those running backs mentioned (including Lynch; disrespectfully, S-Jax was the original Beast Mode before Lynch, and people seem to forget that.). The only reason S-Jax doesn't have the touchdowns (still had sixty-nine rushing and nine receiving touchdowns) was because the Rams entire offense was mostly shit aside from him and an aging Holt.

He still put up eight consecutive seasons of over 1,000 yards, amassed over 11,000 in total rushing yards (and that's not even mentioning his receiving yards, which are over 3,600), and is the Rams all-time leader rusher over guys like Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Todd Gurley, etc. That's more than a lot of other running backs who are in the Hall and played in an era where running the ball was a lot more popular than passing.

I love Torry, but he was done by 2008, and S-Jax was the only one carrying our team at certain points, running behind an offensive line that let defenders hit him in the backfield immediately, with receivers where Danny Amendola - Danny f***ing Amendola - was our best one during that time. We were literally pulling offensive linemen off the street, with receivers that nobody feared.

Jackson was the only good player on that offensive offense. He carried that team on his back and won them games they had no business winning. Without him, we'd make the winless Lions and Browns teams look like Super Bowl contenders.

I will go to my f***ing grave saying that S-Jax deserves to be in the Hall just as much as anyone else.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That’s interesting, kind of surprising but if you look at the inductees between his retirement and 2023 induction, there were some really strong classes in there. Not sure if there’s anyone there that I would say definitely shouldn’t have gotten in before Thomas.

He certainly has a case over Bryant Young and Sam Mills, but it seems like the PFHOF prioritizes seniority more than the HHOF , and so it’s not unusual for those who aren’t clear cut 1st ballot guys to have to “wait their turn.”

Eh, Thomas was a 5x first team all pro and 2x second team. Yea some good guys were inducted during his eligible years but it still never made sense to me that he was chosen at the 11th hour.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Honestly, as a Rams fan, Steven Jackson should be over a lot of those running backs mentioned (including Lynch; disrespectfully, S-Jax was the original Beast Mode before Lynch, and people seem to forget that.). The only reason S-Jax doesn't have the touchdowns (still had sixty-nine rushing and nine receiving touchdowns) was because the Rams entire offense was mostly shit aside from him and an aging Holt.

He still put up eight consecutive seasons of over 1,000 yards, amassed over 11,000 in total rushing yards (and that's not even mentioning his receiving yards, which are over 3,600), and is the Rams all-time leader rusher over guys like Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Todd Gurley, etc. That's more than a lot of other running backs who are in the Hall and played in an era where running the ball was a lot more popular than passing.

I love Torry, but he was done by 2008, and S-Jax was the only one carrying our team at certain points, running behind an offensive line that let defenders hit him in the backfield immediately, with receivers where Danny Amendola - Danny f***ing Amendola - was our best one during that time. We were literally pulling offensive linemen off the street, with receivers that nobody feared.

Jackson was the only good player on that offensive offense. He carried that team on his back and won them games they had no business winning. Without him, we'd make the winless Lions and Browns teams look like Super Bowl contenders.

I will go to my f***ing grave saying that S-Jax deserves to be in the Hall just as much as anyone else.

I agree that hes underrated but the problem is he had his best years when guys like LD, Shaun Alexander and AP were running roughshod on the league and he never played a playoff game.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I'd have no problem with Jackson getting in. He deserves it but for the reasons you guys posted above he seems to be forgotten by the selection committee.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I agree that hes underrated but the problem is he had his best years when guys like LD, Shaun Alexander and AP were running roughshod on the league and he never played a playoff game.
Not his fault that he didn't play a playoff game; his team was one of the worst teams in sports, and they were borderline unwatchable and unwinnable aside from him.

Yes, LT and AP were running wild, but S-Jax had a much longer and, honestly, better career than Alexander. He just happened to be stuck on a very shitty team, unlike all of the others.

I know he'll probably never make it until, maybe, after he dies and some legends committee votes him in. But I think it's bullshit that he's not even mentioned.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
jackson would be first ballot if he played on a competent team. guy was putting up 1k yard seasons behind hilariously bad o-lines

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
jackson would be first ballot if he played on a competent team. guy was putting up 1k yard seasons behind hilariously bad o-lines
By the time he got to one, they went into the tank too.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
By the time he got to one, they went into the tank too.
yeah he had some pretty awful luck

rams went 12-4 the season before he was drafted. falcons were coming off a conference championship appearance and proceeded to go 10-22 in his two seasons there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad