Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I was surprisingly hoping for JD Bunkis for some reason unknown even to me.

In saying that, congrats to Bukauskas and all, but I was hoping for someone with a bit more personality. Maybe Kyle will show a different side to him with the Podcast. Either way, I'll still give it a listen.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010

In saying that, congrats to Bukauskas and all, but I was hoping for someone with a bit more personality. Maybe Kyle will show a different side to him with the Podcast. Either way, I'll still give it a listen.
Hahaha I don’t know if anyone loves JD Bunkis more than JD Bunkis.

Reactions: wingman75

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

Every year I say this is the year I see Bukauskas finally hit puberty?

Maybe we will see it this year…..

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
So looks like Kyle Bukkakke is going to be the new co-host of the 32 thoughts podcast. Although I don't mind the podcast, it will continue to be a bit dry but that's okay.
Yeah, I just listened to some of the pod today, I was surprised to see his name. Not someone I expected.

Not sure really who I expected, but I thought it was gonna be someone who's been embedded a bit more in the game, other than an ice level reporter.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I thought it was fine. I mainly listen to 32T for insider info and insight anyway. Friedman kinda bulldozed Kyle a few times but that should disappear as time goes on and Kyle asserts himself more.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Any speculation what happens to the Jeff Marek timeslot for hockey season?

I'm curious if they move Kypreos to that slot and resurrect Hockey Central at Noon with a revolving door of characters, and do something else for the drive time show.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Any speculation what happens to the Jeff Marek timeslot for hockey season?

I'm curious if they move Kypreos to that slot and resurrect Hockey Central at Noon with a revolving door of characters, and do something else for the drive time show.
I hope they don't touch Real Kyper and Bourne, the best Leafs related show there is at the time. Maybe move the timeslot, but otherwise leave it alone.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I hope they don't touch Real Kyper and Bourne, the best Leafs related show there is at the time. Maybe move the timeslot, but otherwise leave it alone.
I would agree since I listen to it as a podcast. I don't care what time it airs, but keep the show the same.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I like Kyper and Bourne, and seeing as I only listen via Spotify makes no difference to me if they take the Noon Slot or stay as is.

If a move were to be made, hopefully the Sportsnet Brass keeps it at Two Hours. Odd how all their Baseball shows don't seem get cut down the way the Hockey themed ones do so often do. Hockey is still King in this Market after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad