More points this year? Crosby vs Bedard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

More points this season?

• Total voters

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Bedard easily. Pens forwards look worse than ever outside of Crosby and Malkin. Hawks will give up a lot of goals this year but I guess they will score more than the Pens, with Bedard leading the way.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Crosby 90 points; plus 20
Bedard 70 points, minus 40

I like to add points and plus/minus. So Crosby I see at 110, while Bedard is at 30. Huge gap between these two.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Crosby should easily be good for another ~90-100 point season. Or ~80-110 if you want to cast a wider net.

Bedard is the unknown here. Both Crosby and McDavid won Ross/Lindsay/Hart in their second seasons, and Bedard is the closest thing to a Crosby/McDavid level prospect since 2005. Will he make such a jump? Or even close? I'd like to see it, but I'm not sure.

I'll vote Crosby - I think he has one last great season in him.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Crosby 90 points; plus 20
Bedard 70 points, minus 40

I like to add points and plus/minus. So Crosby I see at 110, while Bedard is at 30. Huge gap between these two.
I'm guessing that you think that Bedard is going to be injured?

I think that if healthy he is in the 90s and it's a toss up scoring wise this year between the 2 guys.....good poll.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Crosby should easily be good for another ~90-100 point season. Or ~80-110 if you want to cast a wider net.

Bedard is the unknown here. Both Crosby and McDavid won Ross/Lindsay/Hart in their second seasons, and Bedard is the closest thing to a Crosby/McDavid level prospect since 2005. Will he make such a jump? Or even close? I'd like to see it, but I'm not sure.

Bedard is not the closest thing to a Mcdavid, Crosby level player

this board is overhyping him

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
Bedard hit 61 points, at 18, while missing 14 games and playing on an awful team.

If he plays a full season I think he could hit 90 points.

Crosby should be good for 85-90 this year.

It'll come down to health but I expect very similar PPG.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bedard is not the closest thing to a Mcdavid, Crosby level player

this board is overhyping him

I think he is. Who else would you slot there based on expectations?

Hype is definitely a part of it - but to me he is the 3rd best prospect since 2005. He could still be far from Crosby/McDavid while being #3 - I'm not necessarily saying he's very close to them - just that he'd be #3 for a prospect.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Bedard hit 61 points, at 18, while missing 14 games and playing on an awful team.

If he plays a full season I think he could hit 90 points.

Crosby should be good for 85-90 this year.

It'll come down to health but I expect very similar PPG.

As we saw with Karlsson in San Jose, sometimes that awful team helps your production. Last season he was basically their only weapon and the entire offense was dedicated to funneling him the puck to make plays. As Chicago gets more weapons on offense I expect the puck to be distributed a little more evenly. Bedard will also improve, but it's not necessarily going to be working from the same structure that was so lopsided for his point production last season.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Bedard Ill go 95 pts

Crosby 90 pts

Bedard ahead by 5 pts

This is a good poll, not an easy pick.
I'll go with pretty much these numbers. Bedard's going to have a big season and Crosby is, well, Crosby so 90 points is a solid bet.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Crosby should regress hard even strength but if the pens can figure out their PP he should still have it

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

Id like crosby to add one more top 10 point finish. Even if its 10th

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Bedard easily. Pens forwards look worse than ever outside of Crosby and Malkin. Hawks will give up a lot of goals this year but I guess they will score more than the Pens, with Bedard leading the way.
Crosby could score with a ham sandwich as a linemate. The pens will suck, but I'll bet he still scores pretty well

Bedard will improve on last season and it will be close

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Bedard very well might outscore him, but this reasoning is weird considering Crosby scored 94 points last year without much offensive support after the Guentzel trade.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Bedard very well might outscore him, but this reasoning is weird considering Crosby scored 94 points last year without much offensive support after the Guentzel trade.
Only 20ish of those games were after the Guentzel trade and Crosby is 37...I'd put the over/under at 75 points(pace). No insult to Crosby, 70+ would be a great season considering.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Only 20ish of those games were after the Guentzel trade and Crosby is 37...I'd put the over/under at 75 points(pace). No insult to Crosby, 70+ would be a great season considering.

After the Guentzel trade, Crosby was 5th in league scoring with 31 points in 22 games. Sid’s at an age where it’s hard to know if he’ll have a drop off or not from aging but I wouldn’t predict it due to his team situation

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad