Who should be the next head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I can’t wait to roll my eyes when someone votes that Dumais is a better prospect than Elick. Although I will probably write up something with the words “moron” and “idiot”, I will then delete it before hitting the red Post Reply button.
Go ahead. I'm right here. 😁

Reactions: DoingItCoolKiwi

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I can’t wait to roll my eyes when someone votes that Dumais is a better prospect than Elick. Although I will probably write up something with the words “moron” and “idiot”, I will then delete it before hitting the red Post Reply button.
1721330957381.png

:p:

But it's ok, I've moved on since and I now have a new #1 :cool:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
His father. Haven’t you ventured into the 2025 draft thread? They are mentioned in there.
I have not really ventured into the 2025 draft thread but did read Scott Wheeler's early rankings article. I am not all that worried about the 2025 draft to the point of wanting to discuss it when there are far more pressing needs for 2024 still to be resolved.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
It's Friday July 19th. Is this the day the CBJ hire a coach?
in Portys Sunday gathering post, Waddell didn’t sound too optimistic it would be this week.

“This week is an important week for us coming up here. Training camp is essentially the third week in September. Do I want this to go into August? Not a chance. Now, whether we announce something (this) week or if it’s done early the following week … we’ll see how the schedules line up.”
“We’ve been thorough, and we have a lot of people involved internally to make sure we really dig in on guys before we move forward,” Waddell said. “I’m not one to bring in five people. That, to me, doesn’t make any sense.

“If it doesn’t go the way we want it to go (this week), there are still people we can bring in. We’d like to get it done as soon as possible, but we have to get the right person, even if that takes a little longer.”
Also I’m sure the global IT outage isn’t helping things.

Reactions: CBJx614

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Who needs a coach lol? Coaches are hired to be fired so let's just roll without one this season and see how it goes 🤪
There was an audio-"book" (a story role-played starring John Cena called "The 64th Man". In it, Cena plays a former MAC football star from Columbus who is struggling to earn a spot with an NFL team. My sister and I laughed hard...funny as heck! Anyway, without giving too much away, there is a scene where the plays in a game are called by the fans watching online.

So yeah...who needs a coach.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
If they liked McLellan the best, it might be a case of playing a bit of time to see whether Kings/McLellan are willing to compromise with whatever the issue was. Making it public info that one candidate is out and two are coming in for interviews soon feels like a bit of a nagotation tactic anyways.

Reactions: LJ7

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
If they liked McLellan the best, it might be a case of playing a bit of time to see whether Kings/McLellan are willing to compromise with whatever the issue was. Making it public info that one candidate is out and two are coming in for interviews soon feels like a bit of a nagotation tactic anyways.
If it's down to LA/CBJ working out the $, well at the end of the day, even if LA has to eat more they are still saving money. If it's a term thing between CBJ and McLellan.. It might be a different story. It should be getting resolved one way or another in the next 11 days according to Waddell.

Reactions: LJ7

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Hiring Mike Babcock and him immediately invading players privacy is embarrassing. Taking time to decide between McLellan with an uncomfortable settlement, Evason, and Woodcroft is not embarrassing.
Embarrassing probably isn’t the right word, but can I offer counter productive? Late firing Vincent already put you behind the 8ball, but it wasn’t a massive deal. Taking this long to hire a coach is now becoming something that can impact next season. Coach will have less than 2 months to decide the fates of the old staff, bring in new staff, move to the city, talk with the players (either in person, zoom, or phone), and articulate a game plan for training camp and system implementation for the players and coaches. Could be another rough camp, even for a veteran coach.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
FFS still no coach???

Hiring Mike Babcock and him immediately invading players privacy is embarrassing. Taking time to decide between McLellan with an uncomfortable settlement, Evason, and Woodcroft is not embarrassing.
Firing Babcock because he was being a dumb boomer who didn’t understand looking at phone pictures was an invasion of privacy was the embarrassing move. Should have never given in to the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium