Value of: Who needs LHD? Jets have too many

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I could see the Leafs having interest in Stanley. Treliving did say he wants to add a long D to the team. I just don't think he is especially that good of a player outside of size so there might be some debate on value on him

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Rs would be interested in Stanley, for depth behind
KAM
Robertson/Scanlin
once we sell Lindgren high for profit.

unfortunately, Drury did not ltb and too many stupid waste signings, no cap

what about
Goodrow + NYR 2026 3rd
for
Stanley?
No interest in Goodrow. No interest in his contract. No interest in other cap dumps either. No interest in feeble justifications on how we absolutely need Goodrow for whatever reason. No. Also, Goodrow can block a trade to 15 teams - pretty much an automatic no. Here's one more no for the sake of it.

Stanley could probably be had for an AHL forward project, a depth goalie (maybe), or a very late pick at this point. Cap space, on the other hand, costs.

Reactions: Snowman

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I doubt that the Jets would want to trade Dillon at this stage. Maybe at the trade deadline, if the Jets aren't in contention.

I think Stanley and one of Heinola/Chisholm are definitely on the trade block, though.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No interest in Goodrow. No interest in his contract. No interest in other cap dumps either. No interest in feeble justifications on how we absolutely need Goodrow for whatever reason. No. Also, Goodrow can block a trade to 15 teams - pretty much an automatic no. Here's one more no for the sake of it.

Stanley could probably be had for an AHL forward project, a depth goalie (maybe), or a very late pick at this point. Cap space, on the other hand, costs.
No one is cramming good down your throat

He would have to be moved for any added cap hit, esp if a new variable like Stanley in the equation.

Howev, he does not have to go to Winnni
No need to objectively consider w/an open mind if he is useful should you pawn off Scheif [would be]; or if you unloaded Namest [ditto].

As to the bold:
G Lindbom [was a 2nd rounder, 39OA]
+ any/all of:
Henricksson, Korczak, Blidh

something like that
Stanley is obv a reclamation project
size does = legt interest
but results so far temper currency offered

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Jokiharju for Dillon. Maybe Stanley would fit too, I don't know much about him.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No one is cramming good down your throat

He would have to be moved for any added cap hit, esp if a new variable like Stanley in the equation.

Howev, he does not have to go to Winnni
No need to objectively consider w/an open mind if he is useful should you pawn off Scheif [would be]; or if you unloaded Namest [ditto].

As to the bold:
G Lindbom [was a 2nd rounder, 39OA]
+ any/all of:
Henricksson, Korczak, Blidh

something like that
Stanley is obv a reclamation project
size does = legt interest
but results so far temper currency offered
Good. You can move Goodrow to a team that can and will take on long-term cap commitment, but that team is not the Winnipeg Jets. If that blocks a Stanley trade, so be it. I doubt he is worth anything at this point, so the only way we could ever screw up a Stanley trade is by taking a terrible asset like Goodrow's contract for him.

Reactions: Snowman

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Jokiharju for Dillon. Maybe Stanley would fit too, I don't know much about him.
Jokiharju doesn't crack our roster, as crazy as it sounds. No need for more roster defensemen, we just need to get rid of some.

What would the Jets want for Dillon to the Ducks?
One of your 2024 2nd round picks as a base, I reckon. Can't see much else of interest that you would give up.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Good. You can move Goodrow to a team that can and will take on long-term cap commitment, but that team is not the Winnipeg Jets. If that blocks a Stanley trade, so be it. I doubt he is worth anything at this point, so the only way we could ever screw up a Stanley trade is by taking a terrible asset like Goodrow's contract for him.
Fine.
As to your advisory on what it would take, thank you, for your very late 1st, I offered a 39OA G who is behind sched but that we took him so high at all at insistence of our G guru Allaire is something, plus yer choice on coupla Fs.

Waiting to see what better offers if any you have so far...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Fine.
As to your advisory on what it would take, thank you, for your very late 1st, I offered a 39OA G who is behind sched but that we took him so high at all at insistence of our G guru Allaire is something, plus yer choice on coupla Fs.

Waiting to see what better offers if any you have so far...
Stanley was picked seven years ago. It doesn't matter anymore where he went then, all that matters is that we have better roster defensemen and better prospects that we should ice long before Stanley.

As I said, I doubt we get anything of value back for him, so pretty much any deal that doesn't add cap dollars is an acceptable one.

Reactions: bernmeister

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Just wondering why you included Brendan Dillon as Definitely Available and not Nate Schmid, or at the very least both of them. If I had a vote I'd keep Dillon over Schmidt.
I agree but I don’t see the Jets paying to get rid of him. Nobody is taking his contract without another bad one coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad