Who is your team's best defensive forward?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hmm.. I’d say Rust or Eller. Maybe a newcomer like Lizotte proves to be better.

Reactions: Coffees

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Suzuki, but his defense on the PK is overrated and his defense at even-strength is underrated.

I've always felt and observed that his game (specifically defensive game) works better with the speed, constant transitioning, and unpredictability of 5-on-5 or 4-on-4, vs. set plays/strategies on the PK. Suzuki is often at his best while thinking on his toes.

Reactions: Coffees

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Easy one, Joel Eriksson Ek. How this guy has never been a finalist for the Selke, I do not know. He battles for literally every inch of ice, all over the ice, and usually wins. He's got a good stick, good positioning, strong body, he's physical, and he even scores most of his goals for the same reasons that he's good defensively, he's just right there and can't be moved.
There are three things I will never stop singing the virtues of: my family, Costco, and Joel Eriksson Ek. I know about it, and you need to know it too.

Behind him there's a cast of decent defensive guys, but none that are as complete. Guys who deserve a little credit are Ryan Hartman, Marcus Foligno, and (until last year) Freddy Gaudreau. I think Marco Rossi is going to get there, too, but he wasn't there yet.

Last edited:

Vinh

Mar 19, 2010
Montreal
virtualhockeyscout.substack.com
Easy one, Joel Eriksson Ek. How this guy has never been a finalist for the Selke, I do not know. He battles for literally every inch of ice, all over the ice, and usually wins. He's got a good stick, good positioning, strong body, he's physical, and he even scores most of this goals for the same reasons that he's good defensively. he's just right there and can't be moved.
Should have been a Selke finalist last year. He's annoying as hell to play against.

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
Connor Brown is really good too
trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad