Who is the second best prospect in the 2024 draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the second best prospect in the 2024 draft?

• Demidov

• Levshunov

• Lindstrom

• Dickinson

• Silayev

• Iginla

• Catton

• Buium

• Parekh

• Yakemchuck

• Sennecke

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I think when we look back it'll be Silayev. Won't have some of the flashy numbers but the overall impact and importance he'll have to his team will be more unique and valued than some of the others.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I can also see a case for Demidov and I also really like Lindstrom. If I was Chi I’d take Lindstrom a big strong C to play with Bedard.

Some nice talent in this class

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I think when we look back it'll be Silayev. Won't have some of the flashy numbers but the overall impact and importance he'll have to his team will be more unique and valued than some of the others.

He's a blend of Hedman and Chara.

The skating of Hedman mixed with the choking defensive acumen of Chara.

In terms of offensive potential, I see a Weber/Chara type. Not overly creative but solid high percentage passing coupled with a monstrous shot.

So yes, for me he has both a high floor and an very mysterious high roof. We're talking double or out of the stadium homerun here...

But there's a but, he's signed KHL for at least 2 more years... plus the Russian factor.

This draft can go in every direction passed Celebrini.

There's a lot of very good hockey players +/- equals in terms of overall qualities.

At the end of the day preferences and priorities will define the drafting order

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

In terms of offensive potential, I see a Weber/Chara type. Not overly creative but solid high percentage passing coupled with a monstrous shot.

So yes, for me he has both a high floor and an very mysterious high roof. We're talking double or out of the stadium homerun here...

But there's a but, he's signed KHL for at least 2 more years... plus the Russian factor.

There's a lot of very good hockey players +/- equals in terms of overall qualities.

That’s an interesting take. I personally do not see the offensive upside with Silyaev. I think he’s going to be more of a Tyler Myers type. I see him more as a defensive defenceman.

A Hedman /Chara is a first ballot HOF, a generational talent who should be picked 1st overall.

Reactions: majormajor

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

At the same time, how many years did it take Chara/Hedman to find their groove.
The Russian factor remains, but the 2 year contract isn't as much of a concern for him, since he'd stay in the NCAA or other euro league anyway.

Leshunov is great, but I don't see a scenario where he's the 2nd best player out of this draft when it's all said an done. Safe top 4 projection, similar to Reinbacher last year, but don't see number 1 as a possibility like I could see it for the other defenders.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
That’s an interesting take. I personally do not see the offensive upside with Silyaev. I think he’s going to be more of a Tyler Myers type. I see him more as a defensive defenceman.

A Hedman /Chara is a first ballot HOF, a generational talent who should be picked 1st overall.

Well, even if he ends up Tyler Myers, that means a 1000 games and some 200 pts, it's good.

For me, Tyler Myers is his floor...

Reactions: FlyguyOX and DJB

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
At the same time, how many years did it take Chara/Hedman to find their groove.
The Russian factor remains, but the 2 year contract isn't as much of a concern for him, since he'd stay in the NCAA or other euro league anyway.

Leshunov is great, but I don't see a scenario where he's the 2nd best player out of this draft when it's all said an done. Safe top 4 projection, similar to Reinbacher last year, but don't see number 1 as a possibility like I could see it for the other defenders.

I think he could've play in the NHL next year, not being an impact player, but a young role defenseman that gathers experience.

But I think keeping him in a lesser league (even if very strong), playing a big role next year (and the year after), might be better for him in the end...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think he could've play in the NHL next year, not being an impact player, but a young role defenseman that gathers experience.

But I think keeping him in a lesser league (even if very strong), playing a big role next year (and year after), might be better for him in the end...
As we've seen with Michkov, nothing seems set in stones.
If a team with deep pockets really want to bring him over, I'm sure they'll find a way.

Reactions: samsagat

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
It wouldn’t surprise me if one of Buium, Demidov, or Catton ended up being the best player of this draft. I have a feeling all three of those players fall further than they should.

Cayden Lindstrom could turn out to be a fan favorite though. He’ll play.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Are we factoring in position? because being a RD really raises Levshunov’s stock as a prospect.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I have Levshunov ranked #2 and Buium ranked #3, but I ultimately think Buium has more potential.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have no idea. Wouldn't be shocked if it's one of about 10 players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad