Who is the best goal scorer of all time and who are the top 10 all time in order?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
I don't really have a top ten. I guess I can make one. I may get back to you with that. Like I said, Ovechkin is the most accomplished goal scorer. He would be my pick for greatest. As for best, it's between him, Lemieux and maybe Bobby Hull.

Your list contains the usual suspects. I assume you put much more emphasis on raw scoring ability than on goal finishes and times leading the League in goals (otherwise Bossy and Bure wouldn't be in the top five).
Cant wait to see your list. And as for how i got my list i did a lot of researching.

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
wh
I’ll bite; what’s the argument for Bure over a lot of those names? Gretzky being the big one. Fun player for sure, but Bure isn’t one of my top ten.

Lemieux
Gretzky
Ovechkin
Bobby Hull
Maurice Richard
Russell Bowie
Gordie Howe
Brett Hull
Charlie Conacher
Phil Esposito
whats your reason for wayne and mario over ovi and why do you think lemuiex is the best?

TheBig08

Sep 28, 2024
I would have no ground to judge Conacher vs peak Richard vs Bobby Hull, modern day my feeling would be Mario, but unlike Gretzky playmaking or Orr for 2 way defenseman play, no one really stand out enough to say.

Number wise career last time I looked it, would be around

Ovechkin
Richard
Lemieux
Hull and hull

When talking peak, Gretzky-Matthews-Bure would enter the conversation, for 2 others to round it to 10, Bossy-Selanne maybe, Esposito scored a lot and hard to keep out but so did Jagr, those 2 can be a bit underrated as goalscorer specially Jagr.
so u got ovechkin as the best and then your top 10
1. ovi
2. richard
3. lemuiex
4/5. brett/bobby
6. wayne
7. matthews
8. bure
9. bossy
10. selanne

Did i read that right?

Does not stand out enough:

But like Jagr he is easy to dismiss because of everything else he did so well, I can see him up there, 801 goals is 801 goals
And i will say this jagr and howe had about the same amount of games played. jagr had 1733 games played, gordie howe had 1767, and jagr played in a higher scoring era but howe still had more goals than jagr. and even if jagr played an extra 34 he wouldnt have passed howe. now howe vs esposito and selanne for 10th is tough but i think either one of them over howe for 10th is agreeable but me personally i still got howe over them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad