Who is going to surprise this year ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Attachments

• 1726856936293.png
    1726856936293.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 3

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
JT is gonna come out and drop 100 points, out scoring everyone on the team except Auston. He will then proceed to take a team friendly deal of 8x8 and take the captaincy back from Auston. Fans will rejoice as we make the second round and don’t get humiliated on the way out.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
JT is gonna come out and drop 100 points, out scoring everyone on the team except Auston. He will then proceed to take a team friendly deal of 8x8 and take the captaincy back from Auston. Fans will rejoice as we make the second round and don’t get humiliated on the way out.

This one ^^. Thread winner.

JT scoring 100 point while Mitch pacing for 100. Book it

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Woll is gonna surprise by staying healthy the whole year.

Marner will surprise by getting into a fight. So will Nylander. Unfortunately it'll be with each other.

Treliving will surprise us all by making a major trade.

Not sure which one of the flaccid five it will be. Probably Rielly since he's my favourite player. The most surprising thing is that Treliving wins the trade by a landslide.

As a result the whole team will surprise by making it past the first round.

In fact I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they win two whole rounds this year. A combination of speed, defensive play, and heavy hitting turns them into a real contender. Of course I don't believe for one second that's actually gonna happen.

But if it did it would be the biggest surprise of the year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Pacioretty will probably continue to surprise. He looks fully healthy and his instinct around the net is just on a different level than a lot of the filler material up front.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Mikey Leaf

Sep 14, 2024
Interestingly the Leafs have kept Marshall Riffai with the first group. During the week I have read praise for him at this years camp from Matthews and coach Berube. Wondering if he might stick with the team at tge end of camp.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Interestingly the Leafs have kept Marshall Riffai with the first group. During the week I have read praise for him at this years camp from Matthews and coach Berube. Wondering if he might stick with the team at tge end of camp.
Him and Myers looked good last game, some of these guys won’t make through waivers imo……..

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Now do Nylander
80 in 81 --> 81 pace
87 in 82 --> 87 pace
98 in 82 --> 98 pace

Going up instead of down.

This year 4th among RW (in actual number, not pace) and 5th in pace - not bad for a second liner.

I don't suppose you would consider the fact that actual accomplishments mean more at least in part because the player stayed healthy enough to actually accomplish them?

Yes, Mitch and Willy had the same number of points last playoffs, but I think most people would consider 3 goals worth more than 1 goal and 2 assists.

Reactions: Menzinger

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nylander is certified overpaid

Its 100% known

80 in 81
88 in 82
98 in 82

He didnt deserve over 9.5M.

Marner is the better producer in the past and he was likely worth ~11M in regular season. However can he continue to give that type of production despite two down years when stacking up for the top wingers in the league while making 12-13M? Very unlikely tbh

Marner at 10.93M x 8 would be a fair deal however Treliving/Nylander's greed womt allow that as Nylander is 2M overpaid

Matthews should be at ~12.5M x 8
Marner ~11 x 8
Nylander ~9.5M x 8

probably going to be collectively ~4.5M overpaid between the three if they remain similar level players in the reg season as they have the past 3-4 years

Marner would be smart if he took 11.5M as it would make it look like a discount based on Nylander's deal and turn most pressure away from him and onto Nylander. At 12.5 or 13M he will need to win a hart/ross/lindsay or cup+smythe to close to living up to.
I think if you consider that Nylander has done that on the second line with JT as opposed to the top line with Matty, and that a much higher percentage of his points are from goals, you might think that Mitch is the one who shouldn't be getting $11+.

Reactions: thewave

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
80 in 81 --> 81 pace
87 in 82 --> 87 pace
98 in 82 --> 98 pace

Going up instead of down?

You mean, almost catching Marner but he's not.

This year 4th among RW (in actual number, not pace) and 5th in pace - not bad for a second liner.

I don't suppose you would consider the fact that actual accomplishments mean more at least in part because the player stayed healthy enough to actually accomplish them?

Yes, Mitch and Willy had the same number of points last playoffs, but I think most people would consider 3 goals worth more than 1 goal and 2 assists.

Matthews > McDavid? How much are goals worth more than an assist?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
80 in 81 --> 81 pace
87 in 82 --> 87 pace
98 in 82 --> 98 pace

1000009051.png

I personally would like see him get a shot at 2C with Mitch and Willy on the wing.
With all due respect, you would have him at 2C and not JT?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad