Who is going to be this year's Chris Kreider / Zach Hyman? (50+ goals)

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
This Kreider take is outdated. Dude had the best three years of his career in his last 3. None as good as three seasons ago but the take in 21-22 was OMGz this never scored 30 player scored 50! Well he's scored over 30 the last 3 seasons, I believe he had 39 last year, so almost 40. He's one of those players who is better later in his career. He's not Jonathan Cheechoo like a lot of people thought 3 years ago. He's an excellent player whose number will no doubt the hanging from the rafters at the garden one day. It's sad but he's one of the best drafted Rangers of all time.
He was trending in that direction in 19-20 season too despite the injuries.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Ross Colton is your early candidate

I believe he has been getting top line minutes and on the first PP unit

Looks like they moved him to wing. I knew this would be a good move, the guy has a decent shot and seems to be a good fit with MacKinnon. If he scores 50 this year, he is definitely this years surprise.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I was not shocked at CK's 50 goal year. 50 was his peak goal year but he was on pace for 30-35 goals per 82 games for a few years before the 50 and has been on a 35-40 goal pace since then.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
1000070821.jpg

People are picking top line players. You're looking for a traditionally 2nd line player that blows the f*** up based on either scavenging off someone elite or just an absurd shooting percentage.
But Kreider and Hyman were never a 2nd line player. They usually play on 1st line and thats who we are comparing them to. A typical 2nd line player would be like a Hoglander which both Hyman and Kreider surpass that.

Reactions: Regal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad