Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #16 prospect?

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
My vote goes to Ronalds Kenins. I really enjoyed watching him at the Olympics playing for the underdog Latvia team. I think he'll rise a few spots on these polls once we get to see a bit more of him this year in Utica and get a better understanding of what he brings to the teams he plays for

Here's a good quote that I enjoyed from the Ronalds Kenins thread.

hey guys, I thought I could add my two cents on Kenins aswell. I'm swiss and own a ZSC season ticket, so I saw Kenins play for my team the last three seasons.

I think he's a sleeper and could emerge as a good physical force in NA. He won't be the guy who scores a lot of goals and points, but he is a hard-working, physical guy, who gives his all in every shift. He grew to a fan favorite here by playing hard, doing the dirty work and fighting for every puck. He's a speedy guy who tries to spark the team if they get outplayed or just have a bad day. If he can use his frame and speed to up his offensive game, he could be an effective third line guy in VAN. HF ranked your prospect pool 26th in the league, so I think there's a chance that he cracks the team in 2015 if he does well in Utica.

He sounds like a perfect guy to have on your 4th line.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
I agree that both are good prospects, but I feel the lack of exposure Kenins gets due to his playing in Europe makes him underrated...I feel Kenins could make the team in the next year, or so. Do you think the same can be said for Evan? I feel McEneny is at least 3 years out which is fine, but Kenins is closer plan and simple.

No, I don't think McEneny will make the NHL for another two years, except via a run of injuries . . . haha that means the first clause of this sentence is wrong. At any rate, full employment when Hamhuis / Edler are winding down. Kenins is indeed more likely to get minutes in the leage first.

But Kenins *may* have serious competition from Zalewski, "Elvis" LaBate, Archibald, Fox, Gaunce, Friesen, and Chaim Yonkel for all I know. His speed will be his calling card over the other gritty guys, but we don't know quite yet how that will pan out. Can't have slow-footed guys in the bottom six to really make those lines work the right way, so that's a plus for Kenins.

Quality second to third-pairing D are in shorter supply in our system. So it's the age-old question of how do you rank our prospects: by need, by pure skill, by readiness, by draft level, by draft or trade value, or by degree of relation to Colin Campbell?

I don't actually vote in these rankings, because unlike most others, I don't know enough, even though I try. But I've been a member since 2005 . . . and when people say "it's getting ugly" here at number 15 or 16, with McEneny and Kenins still in the mix, I'm thinking that instead it looks beautiful.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
No, I don't think McEneny will make the NHL for another two years, except via a run of injuries . . . haha that means the first clause of this sentence is wrong. At any rate, full employment when Hamhuis / Edler are winding down. Kenins is indeed more likely to get minutes in the leage first.

But Kenins *may* have serious competition from Zalewski, "Elvis" LaBate, Archibald, Fox, Gaunce, Friesen, and Chaim Yonkel for all I know. His speed will be his calling card over the other gritty guys, but we don't know quite yet how that will pan out. Can't have slow-footed guys in the bottom six to really make those lines work the right way, so that's a plus for Kenins.

Quality second to third-pairing D are in shorter supply in our system. So it's the age-old question of how do you rank our prospects: by need, by pure skill, by readiness, by draft level, by draft or trade value, or by degree of relation to Colin Campbell?

I don't actually vote in these rankings, because unlike most others, I don't know enough, even though I try. But I've been a member since 2005 . . . and when people say "it's getting ugly" here at number 15 or 16, with McEneny and Kenins still in the mix, I'm thinking that instead it looks beautiful.

Fair enough, amd agreed with your last point...our depth is very good with Mceney, Kenins, and the like still there...guys who would/wdre voted much higher last year are now in the correct positions on the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad