OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Guess this can go here: My longtime Forge FC rep left the team today for a position with the Argos. My reaction:
20231014_214544.jpg

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

REGINA — It was déjà vu all over again for the Edmonton Elks on Saturday.

The last time the Elks played the Saskatchewan Roughriders in Regina, they came away with a 36-27 victory on Sept. 15, 2023. That contest featured Tre Ford at quarterback, 265 rushing yards as a team with running back Kevin Brown gaining 175 yards on 19 carries.

On Saturday in Regina, again with Ford at the controls, the Elks registered a 42-31 victory that included 276 rushing yards and running back Jovan Leake totalling 169 yards on 12 carries.

The win was the first of the 2024 season for the Elks, who are in last place in the West Division with a 1-7 record. The victory ended a combined losing streak of 11 games dating back to last season’s victory in the Saskatchewan capital.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
NFL pre-season starts this week. I'm sure everyone is as excited as I am for the Steelers first game Friday vs Houston!

FYI - first regular season game is a month today!!

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
It’s a shame dukes’ play has gone down hill. He started the season with real promise, but now it looks like he cant throw the ball. Even worse he is so slow and indecisive to react out of the snap.

He can’t be trusted at this point.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007

I think the Jays had a home game at the same time tonight as well so a lot of fans probably went to that game, despite them having an abysmal season.

Big bounce back win by the Argos tonight. Arbuckle and the offence wasn't spectacular, but they didn't need to be because of another special teams TD and a pick 6. No needs on the Kelly reinstatement front yet, but he'll obviously be a big improvement from the quarterbacking play we have now.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Chad Kelly will start at quarterback for the Toronto Argonauts when they host the Saskatchewan Roughriders in a Week 12 clash on Thursday, head coach Ryan Dinwiddie confirmed to the media on Tuesday.

Kelly, 30, was reinstated by the CFL on Sunday after he was suspended for two exhibition games and the first nine games of the regular season for violating its gender-based violence policy.

"I'm sorry for my actions. I'm sorry for what I did," Kelly told reporters following practice on Tuesday. "I affected a lot of people...my teammates, my coaches, women, my family. I feel bad for the situation that happened. I've grown, I've learnt from not only the past couple months, but everyday I'm trying to get better. Be a better person, better teammate, a better male. I have to own up to my mistakes and I know what I did wrong and I've learnt from it."

"I've done more than what is being asked from me because I want to get it right. I want to make sure everybody believes that I'm never going to do something like this again. I know I affected a lot of people, including the person, so I just want everyone to know that I'm sorry and I will be better."

Kelly said he came to realize "what actually had been done and been affected" during his time away from football.

"This person obviously deserves all the respect, no matter what gender you are," he said. "Everybody puts in a lot of work and time into perfecting their craft. No one should have to go through the heartache and the mental sides of things that people have go through being affected by this."

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
The atmosphere on Labour Day in Hamilton is going to be chaotic as it always is, this time furthermore because of Kelly but today's atmosphere will be just as interesting. Let's see how things go. Either way, it'll be nice to see a well attended BMO Field for an Argos game. Even if a good chunk of them are occupied by Riders fans and Chad Kelly detractors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad