OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
A win is a win, but that red zone offence (or lack their of) was painful to watch. At least the defense was solid.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Win on a missed field goal. A CFL type of win and I love it. Argos did all they could to lose that game but found a way

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Going to be a hectic atmosphere as always when it comes to the Labour Day game today. Even more because Kelly will be playing in his first road game since the suspension against the rival Tiger Cats nonetheless. Need to stay discipline and continue to stomp the Cats while they're down. Can't give them any hope for a miracle playoff push and obviously can't take them lightly either since 1 of their two wins came against us.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Not a very inspiring performance. Our record is very generous. This doesn't look like a Grey Cup winning team. Especially with how the D played today.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

LeafsNet

Sep 1, 2024
Waterloo
I watched parts of it…but to be frankly honest, it’s just hard to get invested in it. I don’t buy the whole “oh Toronto only wants the NFL”. I barely watch any NFL.

MLS has proven that you can be a lower tier league and still draw very well in Toronto. MLS was the butt of jokes for almost two decades, but they persisted with heavy marketing and gradual expansion.

CFL marketing is next to dead and expansion has all but disappeared from discussion now. I was hoping they’d do something with the XFL but that fell through.

There was an interesting discussion about how the CPL (Canadian Premier League) wants to expand into the Toronto area….rather than have one team, they’re thinking about splitting the city up and having a few clubs in the west end and east end.

Scarborough and Rexdale as well as Mississauga. Forge (Hamilton) already exists…would create an interesting dynamic.

Not sure if that’s a solution for CFL, but it’s a unique way to look at things.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Quite an impressive performance. After 2 terrible games where they were heavily criticized and deservedly so, they come up with maybe their best game of the year.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad