OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Settlement reached.

No details as of yet but with the home opener 5 days away this wasn't going to last too much longer.

No word if an appeal by Kelly will happen.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Season opener tonight, not the ideal team to face to start the season as I think the Lions will be firing on all cylinders. I don't have high hopes for the game but let's see what happens.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Pleasantly surprised with how that went. Dukes was stellar, aside from the strip sack fumble for a TD he looked very poised out there. Running game was decent for the most part. The D gave up a ton of yards but made up of it with some big sacks. Only concerning thing was the kicker missing a few kicks for points. Onto the next one.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Pleasantly surprised with how that went. Dukes was stellar, aside from the strip sack fumble for a TD he looked very poised out there. Running game was decent for the most part. The D gave up a ton of yards but made up of it with some big sacks. Only concerning thing was the kicker missing a few kicks for points. Onto the next one.
Windy and unseasonably cool weather no doubt affected some plays. Very entertaining game. Wouldn't surprise me if BC wins the West.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
definitely an encouraging game for everything you guys said. BC was a pretty big test and there were a lot of unknowns heading into last night.

Dukes looked better than last year (and he wasn't bad last year). He played with composure. Carey looks like one hell of a RB and Adebeboye is a good backup. Running game should be good this year (barring injury).

Defence still doing it's thing.

I should be going to the next game against.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
That was an offensive explosion by both teams, neither defense could stop anything it looked like Dukes was stellar yet again. The run game will be important throughout the season. It's nice to have a balanced attack. It's nice to see MBT doing well for Edmonton so far. Was always a fan of his.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I was at the game. It was a very entertaining game. I forgot javon Leake and gittens jr. also ended up in Edmonton after the offseason. Must say all the former argos looked good. Good thing the argos looked better.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Offensively, team seems to be in great hands, but defensively... woof!

Still good to see the team off to a decent start, but it will be interesting to see how the team progresses as the season goes on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Offensively, team seems to be in great hands, but defensively... woof!

Still good to see the team off the a decent start, but it will be interesting to see how the team progresses as the season goes on.

Yeah it's encouraging to see after our former starting QB got himself suspended that the offence hasn't missed a step. This team definitely needs to tighten up though.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah it's encouraging to see after our former starting QB got himself suspended that the offence hasn't missed a step. This team definitely needs to tighten up though.
Have to give credit to Dinwiddie. Different QB's and still manages to form a great offense. Saw a tweet recently that said he's adapted the offense to suit Dukes.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
After losing two straight, Argos get back in the win column and hand the Als who were without Fajardo for the last three quarters their first loss of the season, thanks in large part to a pick 6 and a kickoff return TD which zapped the Als momentum with the touchdown they got prior. Run game was amazing and Dukes was solid, didn't have to be super spectacular which is all you can ask for at this point.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Argonauts release veteran receiver Rasheed Bailey - 3DownNation

The Toronto Argonauts have released veteran receiver Rasheed Bailey.

The six-foot-one, 217-pound native of Philadelphia, Pa. started the club’s first six games of the season, making 24 catches for 245 yards and two touchdowns. He signed with the team as a free agent this past off-season.

The 30-year-old spent the first four years of his CFL career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, winning Grey Cups in 2019 and 2021. He caught a total of 180 passes for 2,072 yards and 20 touchdowns over 54 regular season games with the team.

The Argonauts also released defensive lineman Jay Person and defensive back Amani Dennis.

The Toronto Argonauts (3-3) will host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (2-5) on Saturday, July 27 with kickoff slated for 7:00 p.m. EDT.

Last edited:

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
That win was ugly with a capital "U". Defense was lights on but the offense is a mess. 5 turnovers I think it was we got and we only have that return TD to show for it. Arbuckle sure as hell didn't win the starting QB role. I thought the ref gave us a generous spot late in the 4th when the Bombers failed to convert looked like he reached the marker. Nonetheless, this win is nothing to write home about but a win is a win. Not a fan of Dukes going to the side on that third down sneak attempt that could have maybe iced the game for us in the 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad