Who else has very little interest in the Four Nations tournament?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
The World Cup was handicapped with the North American team and team Europe. Thst was a gimmick.

This is just 4 teams playing. The lack of practice is what’s going to kill this thing. No team is gonna gel

Not really. Team is thrown together barely any practices and they’ll play what 3 games?

It’s going to be meaningless in the end of the thing. Especially since national teams usually take a while to get going and Canada is a notoriously slow starting team that only gets better as the games go on but in this tournament there’s no runway. There will be nothing to be read from this tournament other than scouting for the Olympic team because national teams haven’t been able to have best on best teams in 10 years

You think if Canada finishes last it'll be a non-story? No chance. What if the goaltending sinks them? Or course it'll be a story.

These teams being thrown together is the nature of any international competition in pro hockey, not unique to this event.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You think if Canada finishes last it'll be a non-story? No chance. What if the goaltending sinks them? Or course it'll be a story.

These teams being thrown together is the nature of any international competition in pro hockey, not unique to this event.
Because it’ll be 3 games. It will be a non story. The usual haters will try to stir up shit but it won’t matter. This tournament is a glorified all star game and not indicative of anything. It’s like the preseason.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Well Finland boys gonna get ya all centre and all Canada.

Barkov - Aho - Hintz - Granlund

A fine Finland-line for victory.

No bad Finland-boys than your lot against Canada.

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Problem is NHL wants all the money but needs other leagues to fill out nations outside of these four.

Yes that is a problem. Hopefully they'll have a better solution the next time around.

One thing they could do, and I'm not necessarily on board with this fully myself, is do a 3 on 3 international mini-tourney instead of the ASG next year. I would prefer that to the typical ASG at least.

Well Finland boys gonna get ya all centre and all Canada.

Barkov - Aho - Hintz - Granlund

A fine Finland-line for victory.

No bad Finland-boys than your lot Canada.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Finland ends up winning it. They are always a contender in international tourneys despite not having as much talent as the big 3-4 on paper.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Not having Russia makes it a joke. Games are local to me so I'll probably go watch some in person but I don't have high expectations. I can't imagine any of the players will care all that much about it. It's not the Olympics and guys aren't really playing for their countries. Nobody will want to risk getting hurt going all out. It'll probably be fun but more of a novelty not extremely serious competitive best on best as the fans want.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
1) If the players seriously care and make the games important then I will enjoy watching. If it’s a glorified all star game then it’ll be a waste

2) no Russia is regrettable. Russia antagonizing WW3 is also regrettable but since this isn’t the Olympics I think they should be allowed to participate. They should’ve added Russia and a 6th “Rest of the World” team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad