Who else has very little interest in the Four Nations tournament?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I was really looking forward to seeing Johnny Gaudreau finally get a chance to represent the USA in a best on best, so yeah my interest level has dropped a bit. He always seemed to raise his game in international tournaments.

Still, it's better than nothing.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not the dunk you think it is. I would be embarrassed if my source of national pride was a bronze medal in some ice hockey tournament.
I think it's a much better source of national pride than, for example, bombing civilians in the Middle East.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Not the dunk you think it is. I would be embarrassed if my source of national pride was a bronze medal in some ice hockey tournament.

I wasn't trying to "dunk" on you, just stating a fact. Every other hockey country actually cares how their national team does. I say this as an American who's lived in Europe for almost two decades. You can lose the attitude now.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hey, let’s shut the league down so 12 percent of the players in the league can play in a fun tournament.,oh, and let’s limit it to those players born in these 4 countries and if your are from anywhere else, you’re are not eligible.

The consolation prize is those players will halve to spend the 10 days in the middle of winter in some tropical getaway spot. :)

Will casually be interested/watch, at best, like a San Jose v Buffalo game in mid February.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Tbh most every nation in the world has committed war crimes and continues to do so to this day. I'm not going to get into specific examples to start that derail but my point is all countries do terrible shit so excluding Russian players on the basis of what Russia is currently doing is unfair to them.

If you're gonna hold one nation accountable, hold them all accountable.

No. Just no.

Russia knows exactly what to do if they want to play ice hockey again. They choose not to.

Go spew this bullshit somewhere else.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Could be great! It's best against best and the players will play for their home country. More likely for them to push and try to win. As for Russia, they should have a special draft where each of the four nations get to pick the Russian stars one by one. :laugh:

That being said, this thread is a good way to identify the people on here who are against fun. The NHL is trying to bring back international competition and we still got people bitching and whining about it before the tourney has even been played.
Uhm, that’s because it’s a seriously flawed tournament right from the start. But you go ahead and enjoy the 3rd rate entertainment you purport it to be.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
4 teams 30 is players per team means that a whole lot of player that are very important to their team are going to get a week of rest and injury rehab. All the Russians will be fresh. The Cane's got a decent amount of Russians so as a Cane's fan I like it.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I would reduce the regular season to 62 games (2 against each team) and use the spare time for national team play, like soccer.
It's ridiculous how little we get to see countries going at it, best on best.

But yeah, in terms of this tournament, it's hard to take it too seriously with only 4 teams. I'll watch it for the high level of play, but the format is boring and I'm not gonna care who wins it all.
Mike Sullivan should not be coaching USA btw. He's washed.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Im excited. A wise man once said “don’t let perfect get in the way of good.

Some of you guys just whine for the sake of whining. All 4 teams will be absolutely stacked and the amount of talent concentrated in this tournament will make it must watch.

I personally believe you add the Russians, Czechs, Slovaks and then make a 8th team with everyone else. But I’m still excited for the 4 teams we do get to see.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Remember the threads last time about the upcoming World Cup with the young stars team and Team Europe? People were really unexcited for something that they eventually got very into.

I do wish Russian NHLers were allowed to form a team and also wish there was a team Europe so we could see players like Draisaitl and Pastrnak together. But the record suggests we'll enjoy this tournament either way. The fact that it replaces the All Star game means this is an enormous upgrade really.

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
So, these NHL players from the 4 nations will play 7 games more than the NHL's regular season of 82 games, then play more games in the NHL post-season. I think we will see a fatigue factor during the playoffs.

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
As a finn, I am more than glad to see this happen - even though this tournament might not be seen as big of a thing as world cup or the olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad