Who else has very little interest in the Four Nations tournament?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I was really looking forward to seeing Johnny Gaudreau finally get a chance to represent the USA in a best on best, so yeah my interest level has dropped a bit. He always seemed to raise his game in international tournaments.

Still, it's better than nothing.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not the dunk you think it is. I would be embarrassed if my source of national pride was a bronze medal in some ice hockey tournament.
I think it's a much better source of national pride than, for example, bombing civilians in the Middle East.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Not the dunk you think it is. I would be embarrassed if my source of national pride was a bronze medal in some ice hockey tournament.

I wasn't trying to "dunk" on you, just stating a fact. Every other hockey country actually cares how their national team does. I say this as an American who's lived in Europe for almost two decades. You can lose the attitude now.

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Tbh most every nation in the world has committed war crimes and continues to do so to this day. I'm not going to get into specific examples to start that derail but my point is all countries do terrible shit so excluding Russian players on the basis of what Russia is currently doing is unfair to them.

If you're gonna hold one nation accountable, hold them all accountable.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Tbh most every nation in the world has committed war crimes and continues to do so to this day. I'm not going to get into specific examples to start that derail but my point is all countries do terrible shit so excluding Russian players on the basis of what Russia is currently doing is unfair to them.

I agree. Not having Russia part of a best on best seems wrong. So many memories from the 70’s and 80’s from the Canada cup’s.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I agree with you in general, but I suspect the real reason isn't the players but the protests, negative press and distractions that would come along with Russia playing. It would take focus away from the actual games on the ice. That says more about the state of society and the emotional social media world we live in rather than the hockey players themselves.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hey, let’s shut the league down so 12 percent of the players in the league can play in a fun tournament.,oh, and let’s limit it to those players born in these 4 countries and if your are from anywhere else, you’re are not eligible.

The consolation prize is those players will halve to spend the 10 days in the middle of winter in some tropical getaway spot. :)

Will casually be interested/watch, at best, like a San Jose v Buffalo game in mid February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad