Who do you draft to your favorite team - Lebron James or Connor McDavid?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pick one - draft 18yr old McDavid to your hockey team, or 18yr old Lebron to your basketball team

• Total voters

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
If I’m guaranteed LeBron isn’t leaving my team, it’s him, otherwise, I’ll take McDavid.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Basketball is at best my 4th favorite sport, maybe my 5th behind soccer, so in an absolute vacuum, McDavid. That said, the impact of 18 year old LeBron on the mid-2000s Sixers would be huge. In the hypothetical where we somehow have a pick in that draft, and it ends up winning the lottery, we're looking at adding LeBron to mid-late career Iverson. Depending on timing, we probably don't end up making the Glenn Robinson trade, since LeBron would be penciled in for those minutes at SF. We would still be stuck with Keith Van Horn, but lets assume he's moved out for spare parts in the offseason. LeBron probably makes the team meaningfully better, enough so that we don't get Iguodala in the next draft. We don't need him for positional reasons, anyway. Let's assume we fall back far enough to draft Al Jefferson, instead, and we're looking at a lineup of:

Dalembert
Jefferson
LeBron
Wille Green
Iverson

That's a heck of a lot better than the spare parts the Sixers rotated through the PF/SF/SG positions in the actual timeline. LeBron probably runs as Iverson's Robin for the first couple years, we likely don't feel the need to trade Iverson in 06-07, as LeBron steps up and it becomes his team, with Iverson the second star and Jefferson a complementary piece. Most of our assets would go to finding either a solid partner for Dalembert if Jefferson remains at PF, or additional wings to allow us to run a small ball lineup with Jefferson at C, LeBron at PF, maybe Korver at SF, a SG (maybe we still end up with Lou Williams, he was a fairly low pick), and AI. Sixers might actually make some noise in the postseason during that time frame if we end up looking like that.

(Now, if I'm being stupid ambitious, maybe the Sixers, with LeBron and AI in tow, make a play for Shaq when he expresses a desire to get out of LA, something along the lines of Dalembert, John Salmons, our 2004 first, and some other spare parts (yes, I know that's not enough, neither is what Miami gave up), and we run Shaq/??/LeBron/Green/AI, and good luck to the rest of the league. But that's a bit out of the question for even this thought exercise.)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Any team a healthy Lebron is on is a contender.

You don't understand basketball. As an all-around player, there is no argument for any other perimeter player over Lebron
Do you consider Giannis perimeter?

He's 5 years away from being the in deep GOAT conversations in the NBA

Just a more dominant less shooting version of LeBron with better defense and worse passing.

Giannis, will take the throne from MJ/LBJ

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Do you consider Giannis perimeter?

He's 5 years away from being the in deep GOAT conversations in the NBA

Just a more dominant less shooting version of LeBron with better defense and worse passing.

Giannis, will take the throne from MJ/LBJ
Oh lord. No he's not, ever. He is way too flawed of a player to be anywhere close, although he is pretty amazing.

Yes, Giannis is a perimeter player though.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Oh lord. No he's not, ever. He is way too flawed of a player to be anywhere close, although he is pretty amazing.

Yes, Giannis is a perimeter player though.
When your the undisputed best player I the NBA as a flawed player all I can say is the people making assessments are flawed

2019-2022 Giannis is as good as 2010-2014 LeBron

Giannis gets a 2nd ring +FMVP and he's a top 10 player all time. He's won everything besides a scoring title (which he's elite at), ROY, and 6MOY

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Anyone not voting for Lebron doesn’t have a favorite basketball team. (Or doesn’t watch or care about NBA basketball.)

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
A single player has a lot more effect on the outcome of a game in basketball than in hockey. So if your question is asking "which would be more likely to help your team win more cups/championships" the answer is clearly and obviously Lebron.

However, I don't like or care about basketball and Lebron is a horrible person and an imbecile. So my personal vote is for McDavid.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
If anyone is taking this poll seriously, you’d have to take LeBron. I’d take him over two McDavids. One super duper star in NBA is a lock to have a contender, can’t say the same at all in NHL

A single player has a lot more effect on the outcome of a game in basketball than in hockey. So if your question is asking "which would be more likely to help your team win more cups/championships" the answer is clearly and obviously Lebron.

However, I don't like or care about basketball and Lebron is a horrible person and an imbecile. So my personal vote is for McDavid.
How is LeBron a horrible person? He’s got an ego and is not the most lovable guy, but he’s never got in any trouble, is married to his HS sweetheart and does a lot of stuff for the less fortunate. GTFO

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
LeBron didn't "jump from contender to contender". When he joined Miami in 2010, they had just lost in the 1st round and hadn't won a playoff series since 2006. When he came back to Cleveland in 2014, they hadn't even made the playoffs since he left in 2010. When he joined LA in 2018, they hadn't made the playoffs since 2012. This wasn't Durant joining the warriors.
Wade & Lebron guaranteed 8 championships when he signed with Miami. Not six...not seven.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I like hockey soooooooooooooooo much more then Basketball. I also hate Lebron and his attitude. Give me a 18 year old McDavid to my Ducks.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
In basketball Lebron alone makes your team a contender. That's not the case with McDavid. I was only tempted to vote McDavid because I spend much more time and effort watching hockey than basketball.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don't have a favorite basketball team but this is easily Lebron. The best basketball players simply have FAR more control over the game than hockey players do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad