Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Devils

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Rangers

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
So far, they have beaten the Bruins, Leafs, and now Hurricanes. Assuming they had a different route, who do you think would have the best chance to beat them?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Didn’t see no-one, so didn’t vote.

Also one line says who could have beat the panthers.
Next line who could of beat the lightning.

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Maybe Tampa because of the mental factor. Florida lost to them in 2022 and 21. The rest, don't see it the way Florida's playing.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Boston, Toronto and Carolina could have…any of those series could have gone either way

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
For people saying Tampa, their defence was cooked. Hedman missed half the series vs Toronto and when he did play it wasn’t at full health, cernak was injured, and vasi blocker is exploited. Add in no palat from last year, tampa doesn’t beat Florida this year imho.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Man if only my Oilers weren't eliminated they'd be kicking some serious butt right now! ;)

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Tampa for sure. I think Florida dodged a huge bullet. Tampa wouldn't have been a good team for Florida, afterall they did sweep them last year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
For people saying Tampa, their defence was cooked. Hedman missed half the series vs Toronto and when he did play it wasn’t at full health, cernak was injured, and vasi blocker is exploited. Add in no palat from last year, tampa doesn’t beat Florida this year imho.

I guess it depends on whether the team plays like they did this playoffs or it’s a clean slate. Tampa isn’t winning with Vasi playing like he did, but it’s possible in a different series he’s on top of his game.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
None of the above

Have you? The majority of their wins are by 1 goal. They just outwork everyone on every shift

Britannica defines “steamroll” as “to defeat (someone or something) in a very forceful and complete way”

That’s what I saw against the Canes and Leafs.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Britannica defines “steamroll” as “to defeat (someone or something) in a very forceful and complete way”

That’s what I saw against the Canes and Leafs.
Define forceful and complete..because steamroll to me would mean clobbering them by 5 goals every game. Regardless, glad they won and not Toronto or Carolina.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Define forceful and complete..because steamroll to me would mean clobbering them by 5 goals every game. Regardless, glad they won and not Toronto or Carolina.

I don’t have to redefine a term that’s been defined. Panthers steamrolled two teams. Case closed.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I don’t have to redefine a term that’s been defined.
What's encyclopedia Britannica say again?

Their last 7 wins have been by 1 goal. Only 3 times have they won by more than one goal these entire playoffs, twice against Boston if you include game 6's empty netter, once against Toronto nearly a month ago. You can call it whatever you want but steamrolling isn't the word that first comes to mind.

The way they're winning is far more impressive than blowouts.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad