5. Nashville
6. Colorado

9000. Carolina
9001. Toronto
9000000000000000000001. Vegas

Reactions: zar

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
A big part of the reason the Oilers beat the Canucks is because Bouchard outplayed the shit out of Hughes head to head, people now want to act like the Norris trophy winner didn't get his lunch money stolen from him when everyone saw it for themselves just a few weeks ago.

Evan Bouchard 7G, 4 goals, 7 assists, 11 points, +7

Quinn Hughes 7G, 0 goals, 5 assists, 5 points, +2

Bouchard scored or directly set up the game winning goal in 3/7 games himself.

That was a star making performance.
Hughes stat padding all year long just to disappear in the playoffs was honestly not something I was expecting.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
In the West I'd be shocked if it's not another Stars-Oilers WCF. I'd have Vancouver 3rd. Vegas/Colorado/Nashville/Winnipeg/LA in the next group.

The East is a lot more wide open. There's quite a few teams I could see reaching the Final. FLA/TOR/BOS/NYR/NJ.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I'm sorry what have they won or proven in the past? This is like saying the Leafs should be in the top 3.

Everyone knows neither team is winning the cup. So why would they be in the top 3.
I love how much time you spend thinking about and talking about the Oilers.

I guess when your team is absolute trash the only thing that can make you feel better is trying to downplay their biggest rivals success.

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Oilers
Oilers
Oilers
Edmonton
Oilers
Edmonton Oilers
The McJesus team
Oilers

In no real order... all in baby!

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Well aware of this. But he’s at an age where things can go south quickly. As are a few other major pieces
I think theyll make it a year or two before it blows up in their face; but they knew that going in as well

Trotz sees a chance at a Cup and is taking it; I can respect it. Now if only hed move Askarov before its too late...

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I love how much time you spend thinking about and talking about the Oilers.

I guess when your team is absolute trash the only thing that can make you feel better is trying to downplay their biggest rivals success.
What success? They may as well have missed playoffs if they didn't win the cup

I would say if you were so bad for a decade that you drafted 1st overall eight times, and still don't have a cup. Then that is a pretty huge failure as an organization.

CantHaveTkachev

Everyone hates us, we don't care
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

I would say if you were so bad for a decade that you drafted 1st overall eight times, and still don't have a cup. Then that is a pretty huge failure as an organization.
So 31 teams may as well missed the playoffs too then? They didn’t win the Cup either

Btw, we drafted 4 First Overall picks…that’s FOUR
And you’re still crying about it almost a decade later…move on

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Dallas remains a really strong team, but if they're actually going to have Dumba and Lyubushkin out there on the ice, they're not winning a championship. There, I said it. Team needs to fix that at the deadline, and pretty decisively.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Well let’s be realistic here, you very clearly have a consuming disdain for the Oilers so even if they won a cup I’m sure you’d mentally twist yourself up in knots trying to discredit it.

They’ve got a great chance coming up with an even better team then the one that had them a couple goals away. Either way it’s been an absolute blast watching this team go on deep playoff runs, ousting some of their biggest rivals, the highs and lows going from near last place to Cup finals, winning 16 straight, just being able to watch 97 and 29 on a nightly basis. The Oilers are just an all around entertaining team and they are primed for a big season. They are as big of a threat to win it all as any team this year.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Well let’s be realistic here, you very clearly have a consuming disdain for the Oilers so even if they won a cup I’m sure you’d mentally twist yourself up in knots trying to discredit it.

They’ve got a great chance coming up with an even better team then the one that had them a couple goals away. Either way it’s been an absolute blast watching this team go on deep playoff runs, ousting some of their biggest rivals, the highs and lows going from near last place to Cup finals, winning 16 straight, just being able to watch 97 and 29 on a nightly basis. The Oilers are just an all around entertaining team and they are primed for a big season. They are as big of a threat to win it all as any team this year.
Well they have become the most disliked team so they must be doing something right…..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad