2. Edmonton
3. Rangers
4. Dallas
5. Carolina
6. New Jersey
7. Tampa
8. Vegas

HM: Colorado, Vancouver, Boston
Carolina is an interesting choice in your top 5. Losing Skjei, Pesce, and Teraivanen and replacing them with Ghostibehere, Walker, and Roslovic is a pretty significant downgrade. I have faith in RBA, but he's got his work cut out for him this year.

Reactions: banks

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Carolina is an interesting choice in your top 5. Losing Skjei, Pesce, and Teraivanen and replacing them with Ghostibehere, Walker, and Roslovic is a pretty significant downgrade. I have faith in RBA, but he's got his work cut out for him this year.
I agree they're downgrades, but Carolina has the assets to fill any holes and some young talent that could potentially surprise. Honestly, 5-10 is basically the same tier imo but Carolina has gone deep the past few years.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
1. Oilers
2. Stars
3. Hurricanes
4. Rangers
5. Canucks
6. Panthers (they have played a lot of hockey the past 2 seasons and might be destined for an early exit)
7. Avalanche
8. Maple Leafs

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
lots of people here havent realized Caronlina took a huge step back and might not even be a playoff team if we're being honest.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Top tier Cup contenders.

Oilers
Panthers
Canucks
Avs

Tier below, can win cup (but would need health to key players plus probably a deadline acquisition)

Leafs
Bruins
Devils
Stars
Vegas

Tier 3, good teams but would need some charm to go on a deep run

Rangers
Preds
Lightning

Reactions: Bleach Clean

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Nashville with Skjei as their 2D and a 35 year old Josi as their 1D strikes me as a pretender. Clear playoff team but a move or two away still. They do have a hell of a trade chip in Askarov …

CloudYeller

Jul 8, 2024
Dallas and then a bunch of losers*, same as every year. If forced to name some...

2. Edmonton. After the dumpster fire start to last year, changing coaches, mass hysteria, to come from that and end up where they did just shows how much fight this team has in it.
3. Las Vegas. Hate the shenanigans, recognize the talent.
4. Florida. Because I will never admit that any team with a Tkachuk is actually good. Probably should be 2, but I don't even know what a Tkachuk is. Is it some sort of a bus or something? I dunno. Sounds fake.
5. Carolina. Perennial "should make the finals" team for a reason.
6. Toronto. Because I can't get enough Canadian heartbreak but also can't wait to see the bender you bastards go on when any of the teams win a Cup again. Rivers may be set on fire.
7. Rangers. As long as they can continue getting healthy, DeGrom is fire when he returns, Jung keeps being Jung, they still have much of th... oh, wait, wrong Rangers...
7. New York Rangers. They'd probably be better if their Lurch could figure out how to play and stop wasting time taking penalties but whatever.
8. Nashville. The Music City Piss Kitties are the dark yellow horse.

*Definition of loser ignores win/loss records and instead relies on a binary logic test of whether or not a team is the Dallas Stars. If Dallas Stars then NOT loser. If NOT Dallas Stars then loser.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
If Edmonton dodges Dallas/Colorado/Vegas until the Western Conference Finals they win the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad