Which top ten NHL cities are the most hockey crazy right now?

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
My list of today

1 Montreal
2 Toronto
3 Edmonton
4 Minnesota
5 Winnipeg
6 Boston
7 Vancouver
8 Detroit
9 New york
10 Buffalo
Vancouver is ranked far too low and I'd easily rank them #2 in Canada behind the habs. I get it's been awhile since they've gotten any positive attention but not only was Vancouver probably the loudest arena in these playoffs but any community in the greater Vancouver area had thousands upon thousands of people gathering outside and if Vancouver itself had allowed outdoor gatherings they would have been massive as well.
Even during the dark times of the the last 8+ years, the team still had some of the most full buildings.

Toronto might have more fans but they also have a huge population compared to Vancouver, especially since the population of Vancouver is relatively small and most fans commute from other areas.
Edmonton is also a better hockey city than Toronto for the exact same reasons as Vancouver.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I think the term "Hockey Crazy" is key here. Fans in a city might give their NHL team great support but they may not care that much about hockey at other levels. If you look at Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver, they support junior hockey as well. Montreal and Toronto do not.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3