Value of: Which Teams are going to go ALL-IN this year? Who will make the biggest splash?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I'd expect Flames to make another move.

I think Rangers are another team certain to make some moves.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The initial call has to be Calgary, if only because they've made the biggest move to date. One more big deal and they'll be as close to all-in as we've seen in recent years.

Reactions: DarthProbert

Ledge And Dairy

The initial call has to be Calgary, if only because they've made the biggest move to date. One more big deal and they'll be as close to all-in as we've seen in recent years.
Vegas has definitely already made the biggest move this season and it's already shown how effective it is on the score sheet just 3 games in. Calgary is definitely all-in already as well but nut quite as much

Reactions: WinterLion

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Washington will do something, I just don’t know if it’s going to be a huge deal or something for a goalie rental. GMBM has made deals every year and last year made a huge trade out of nowhere acquiring Mantha. He also got Shattenkirk in 2017.

He won’t pay top dollar for a rental again but he’s not afraid to make the big move. He knows Ovi will be a premier player for another year or two at most and they’re a team with an aging core so now is the time.

Reactions: Cappy76

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
If Calgary were to look at a 2/3 C and/or a young #5 Dman to rotate in/out with Zad/Gud, I'd say they're pretty much all in, hopefully TT can spark something somewhere xD I would like to see a Mang-Monahan-TT line but not sure if splitting up line two is smart

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Doesn't Toronto have to be on this list? I gotta think for all the obvious reasons they need to step up and seal the deal before those contracts come up again.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I see these teams being a little more aggressive than others... Maybe not all of them but most of them.

Avs, Flames, Oilers, Panthers, Leafs, Rangers, Caps, Pens.

Reactions: DirtDiver

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Colorado Avalanche will go all in this season. A lot of answers Sakic need to find.
I think his wish list should be :
1 - A goalie (Fleury)
2- A top 6 players (Giroux, Pavelski, Laine)
3- A #4 Def if Byram season over
4-Bottom 6 player with grit (Clutterbuck, Tierney etc)

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Colorado Avalanche will go all in this season. A lot of answers Sakic need to find.
1 - A goalie (Fleury)

I'm thinking the Avs too. Kadri won't be re-signed, and Mac's mega contract is due in 1.5 years time.

The Canucks have everything you're asking for though, except for that #4 D. Miller, Halak and Motte fit your needs.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Any team with an aging core or any team with a limited window cap/contract wise really needs to try to win. I get that with Covid and empty arenas there was little incentive to "go for it" since the extra playoff revenue wasn't going to be significant, but with fans back in buildings, owners once again have that incentive. Teams like BOS, WAS, COL, VGK, TB, and PIT seem to fit the profile. It's always difficult when a team is cap strapped though and they can't add much and don't want to pay the price to dump cap to improve.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
1 - A goalie (Fleury)
Kuemper has been fantastic since returning from injury. So no goalie. Yes I want us to grab a top six player. Adding in the top six will bump a guy down into the bottom six that will improve it so no need for another one there. I wouldn't mind adding a bottom 4 dman as well.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Colorado will add, flames will add Oilers will add , tampa will add Florida will add Toronto will add. Of these expect Florida to make the biggest splash

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Kuemper has been fantastic since returning from injury. So no goalie. Yes I want us to grab a top six player. Adding in the top six will bump a guy down into the bottom six that will improve it so no need for another one there. I wouldn't mind adding a bottom 4 dman as well.
The big problem with Kuemper and Francouz is can they stay healthy.
That's why Sakic need to look for another goalie.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I think Toronto needs a bit too much and it might make the moves a bit reserved. East is stacked this year. Goaltending has begun to look shaky, Muzzin is done, Holl is shot. That's an entire 2nd pairing right there that has to be addressed

I expect a #5D and a 6/7 to be picked up, with Dermott and potentially Mikheyev going out

Nothing too big unless they take a peep at Klingberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad