Which team with some expectations for success will be the biggest flop in the league this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Canucks. Got worse defensively. Presumably no Demko. Don’t expect the shooting percentage to remain the same or them to overachieve like this previous season.

Still likely a playoff team in the third divisional spot or wild card.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Rasmus Andersson wearing a Canuck jersey by the TDL.
I've always loved andersson and thought that he was pretty under rated but I just don't see the Flames trading him to a division rival and what would the cost be for an 27 year old 24 MPG Damn on a 2 year contract at $4.55 million.

As a Canucks fan I'd love to see him but at what cost?

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I've always loved andersson and thought that he was pretty under rated but I just don't see the Flames trading him to a division rival and what would the cost be for an 27 year old 24 MPG Damn on a 2 year contract at $4.55 million.

An unlimited life supply of sockeye salmon sushi and sashimi.

Reactions: wetcoast

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

With the current rebuild Calgary and Vancouver won't really be rivals for a number of years (maybe 5 or more). By then a player such as Lekkerimaki and any draft picks we get out of the deal could very well be important Flames roster pieces whereas Andersson for Vancouver? Who knows.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Habs is right at the bottom, we can't go much lower lol

But seriously, I think that while it might be true for most teams, I think it would be devastating for Nashville
[/QUO
Habs is right at the bottom, we can't go much lower lol

But seriously, I think that while it might be true for most teams, I think it would be devastating for Nashville
First 2 teams I thought of are the Oilers and the Avalanche. Wouldn't it be devastating if McDri or MacKimmon and Makar would be lost for the season?

hypereconomist

Mar 10, 2019
They won't miss the playoffs, but I can see Carolina underachieving this season. They have question marks at every position that other contenders don't:
  • Andersen's ability to stay healthy
  • The defense's actual defensive capability after replacing Pesce and Skjei with Walker and Gostisbehere
  • Center depth and whether one of KK or Drury can turn into a bonafide top6 centermen

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The jets are my pick. Goaltending was too good and that top line is just so bad 5v5, Lowry line can only carry so much.
Yep. And Hellebuycks play off game is bound to leak into the regular season one of these seasons.

They won't miss the playoffs, but I can see Carolina underachieving this season. They have question marks at every position that other contenders don't:
  • The defense's actual defensive capability after replacing Pesce and Skjei with Walker and Gostisbehere
  • Center depth and whether one of KK or Drury can turn into a bonafide top6 centermen
Canes like Bruins just won't go away. Next man up.

Canes like Bruins just won't go away. Next man up mentality

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Buffalo Toronto. Same as every year
Out of curiosity what are your expectations from Toronto ? Most of us don't expect anything other than maybe a 2nd round appearance, I haven't heard any major media member or anyone say they are cup favorites.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Buffalo and Ottawa, like always every year never living up to the hype.
Buffalo Toronto. Same as every year
Buffalo. Every year fans expect that this will be the year and every year they fall flat on their face. And its been happening for years.
After years of blaming everybody and the dog I have to believe the problem lies with ownership. So unless the Sabres have a new owner i think its going to be same old same old.
Where's the Buffalo hype? Not seeing it.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Where's the Buffalo hype? Not seeing it.
The thread title is...

"Which team with some expectations for success will be the biggest flop in the league this season?"​

I think there are many fans out there that have some expectations of success for the Sabres, this year, again.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Out of curiosity what are your expectations from Toronto ? Most of us don't expect anything other than maybe a 2nd round appearance, I haven't heard any major media member or anyone say they are cup favorites.
It's the irony of this board. Even the most homer fans don't even say there's 'expectations' really besides just making the playoffs at this point, so not sure how they would fit this thread but people will still mention them out of obsession lol

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Never surprised if the Rangers take a step back after a deep run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad